talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Welcome to the Premier League, Aston Villa!

11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah it is trolling, think it’s partly because I’ve been vocal about my dislike of Liverpool and why else come comment here? 

Do I go in the Liverpool thread? No because it’s Liverpool and I couldn’t give a monkeys

Happens all the time when a club gets promoted and someone doesn't like them, don't think it has a fucking thing to do with you. Aston Villa is one of the few things I actually like about the midlands, despite you being vocal about your dislike of Liverpool so I doubt you're important enough to @LFCMadLad to shape his opinion on your club tbh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is this in reference to what @LFCMadLad said? I don't think that's banter/trolling, I think it's just his opinion xD

It is my opinion and I dont even know why xD Theres just something i dont like about Villa and the Midlands in general. 

Pretty sure theres plenty on this thread that have also said they'd have preferred Derby to come up too, non Liverpool fans as well if I'm not mistaken. 

@Fairy In Boots it's certainly got nothing to do with you personally I'm sure xD

38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It is my opinion and I dont even know why xD Theres just something i dont like about Villa and the Midlands in general. 

Pretty sure theres plenty on this thread that have also said they'd have preferred Derby to come up too, non Liverpool fans as well if I'm not mistaken. 

@Fairy In Boots it's certainly got nothing to do with you personally I'm sure xD

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Happens all the time when a club gets promoted and someone doesn't like them, don't think it has a fucking thing to do with you. Aston Villa is one of the few things I actually like about the midlands, despite you being vocal about your dislike of Liverpool so I doubt you're important enough to @LFCMadLad to shape his opinion on your club tbh

No dramas lads, it just struck me as fishing for a bite, nevermind 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

There is an Aston Villa thread in the football league section FYI Admin

You still want to be associated with that?

Old news now ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.83bedd6aaa8030a8f5f6c34c7bce1df9.png

Onel Hernandez: Norwich winger suffers a knee injury in fall at home

Norwich winger Onel Hernandez may need surgery on a knee injury he sustained slipping and falling at home.

Canaries manager Daniel Farke said the 26-year-old Cuba international has suffered a suspected ACL injury and "is out for three months".

Hernandez is one of a number of Norwich players sidelined with Timm Klose, Josip Drmic and Christoph Zimmermann also unavailable for Saturday's Premier League clash with Newcastle.

"It's a big blow," Farke said.

"He slipped over at home and fell on his knee and we have to check if there's something wrong with his ACL. He may need surgery."

Norwich, for whom Kenny McLean is also a major doubt, lost their Premier League opener season 4-1 to Liverpool, their first game in the top tier since they were relegated in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49373769

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.83bedd6aaa8030a8f5f6c34c7bce1df9.png

Onel Hernandez: Norwich winger suffers a knee injury in fall at home

Norwich winger Onel Hernandez may need surgery on a knee injury he sustained slipping and falling at home.

Canaries manager Daniel Farke said the 26-year-old Cuba international has suffered a suspected ACL injury and "is out for three months".

Hernandez is one of a number of Norwich players sidelined with Timm Klose, Josip Drmic and Christoph Zimmermann also unavailable for Saturday's Premier League clash with Newcastle.

"It's a big blow," Farke said.

"He slipped over at home and fell on his knee and we have to check if there's something wrong with his ACL. He may need surgery."

Norwich, for whom Kenny McLean is also a major doubt, lost their Premier League opener season 4-1 to Liverpool, their first game in the top tier since they were relegated in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49373769

That's a pretty short injury table for an ACL tear. Although it does say "ACL injury" not tear, so maybe that's why.

Doesn't really have a thing to do with Villa though xD

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.94e327000b1edbf4e1dc0190b14ecff2.png

Dean Smith: Aston Villa manager signs a new four-year contract

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has signed a new four-year contract until 2023.

The 48-year-old joined Villa in October 2018, succeeding Steve Bruce who was sacked after one win in nine league games.

Smith led the club to promotion from the Championship with a 2-1 victory against Derby in the play-off final in May.

Villa are 15th in the Premier League, four points above the relegation zone.

Smith told the official website: "I'm really happy to have committed my long-term future to the club.

"I'm looking forward to all the challenges that come with re-establishing Aston Villa as a top Premier League club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50604075

On 16/09/2019 at 11:27, True Blue said:

We all know Tammy had an excellent season for Villa and helped them climb up to the Premier League. However was he crucial for your promotion?

Yes his goals were but we were very creative so he needs service, Tammy doesn’t just create goals himself 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Kodjia leaves

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51174920

Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia has joined Qatar's Al-Gharafa on a two-and-a-half year deal.

The Ivory Coast international, who joined Villa in 2016 for £11m, scored nine goals in Villa's promotion campaign, but has only played six times in the Premier League this season.

The 30-year-old striker would have been out of contract in the summer and had been linked with Nottingham Forest.

Villa are hoping to sign Genk forward Mbwana Samatta this transfer window.

The club are looking light up front with record signing Wesley out for the season with a knee injury.

I'm surprised by Villa this window so far. I really thought they would splash cash to try and survive, irrespective of what they spent in the Summer.

So much average in there. And yet, if they had managed to get Benrahma on one wing, Bowen on the other, with another top forward, they could give themselves great chance.

Archived