talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2019/20 General Chat

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can see why the first point wound some blues up. The replies to that tweet are hilarious though. They're all calling him a murdering redshite cunt amongst other things. He is (or was until the takeover) a Man City fan

Yeah he definitely stirred up a good point scoring/high horse/bitterness/yeah well session on Twitter.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 21/07/2019 at 13:32, CaaC (John) said:

"From now on, when there is a wall of three or more defenders, the attacking players will not be allowed within a yard of it."

LOL what? What's the point of VAR then? To monitor whether someone breached the distance? Also, having attacking players in the mix of a defensive wall has been going on a long-time, why change it now? All this tech is supposed to help referees and make the game better.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

"From now on, when there is a wall of three or more defenders, the attacking players will not be allowed within a yard of it."

LOL what? What's the point of VAR then? To monitor whether someone breached the distance? Also, having attacking players in the mix of a defensive wall has been going on a long-time, why change it now? All this tech is supposed to help referees and make the game better.

What's VAR got to  do with this new ruling?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's VAR got to  do with this new ruling?

Its for infringements. If there was obstruction and the referee deemed it necessary to use VAR to review the incident then the goal could be nullified based on the attackers and defenders in the same space. Now, the VAR ruling will work in the same way as it would be used for goalkeepers on the line during a penalty. I still think its absurd that attackers aren't allowed to be in the defensive mix during a free-kick which I personally feel adds to the way defenses should setup.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its for infringements. If there was obstruction and the referee deemed it necessary to use VAR to review the incident then the goal could be nullified based on the attackers and defenders in the same space. Now, the VAR ruling will work in the same way as it would be used for goalkeepers on the line during a penalty. I still think its absurd that attackers aren't allowed to be in the defensive mix during a free-kick.

Not sure that's the case.

Before a free-kick is taken, the referee can literally stop attackers from encroaching an area they're not allowed in. I don't think VAR will be needed/required for that scenario.

Apparently the attackers in the wall thing there was found to be no tactical advantage for doing so and they were there just as a nuisance more so than anything else.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not sure that's the case.

Before a free-kick is taken, the referee can literally stop attackers from encroaching an area they're not allowed in. I don't think VAR will be needed/required for that scenario.

Apparently the attackers in the wall thing there was found to be no tactical advantage for doing so and they were there just as a nuisance more so than anything else.

but is that really the case? An attacker occupying a position that a defender takes to either lengthen a wall or to create a blocked view for the goalkeeper for wider freekicks is now completely being removed or do I have it wrong?

• Subscriber
On 17/07/2019 at 19:30, RandoEFC said:

Comparison of each team's shirt sponsor deals:

IMG_20190717_192612.thumb.jpg.6609f8d5d4b76fbddaa96afa6d6cb69d.jpg

Not many surprises there. Another area where the big six make an extra £20m-£30m over the rest of the league which helps them stay a step ahead financially. What is more interesting is that none of the top six have deals with gaming companies but almost all other teams do. Is this a coincidence? Is this because they have so many big money offers they can be 'moral' and rise above having a gambling firm on their shirts? Is there another reason?

I'm surprised how low ours is. I thought they'd use that as a good excuse to bypass FFP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Joint best defence in the league after 6 games for everyone. 

Soyuncu and Evans are class. 

That's wierd? I could swear Rodgers is believed to be a mediocre manager with no sense when it comes to defending?

Rodgers is better than people would have you believe. 

44 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's wierd? I could swear Rodgers is believed to be a mediocre manager with no sense when it comes to defending?

Rodgers is better than people would have you believe. 

He's never been able to do it consistently though in terms of the defence. Or certainly not when he was at us he couldn't. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

He's never been able to do it consistently though in terms of the defence. Or certainly not when he was at us he couldn't. 

Because he thought attack was better than defence with the players he had maybe? He came a whisker away from winning the league remember. Let's not pretend that he didn't do exactly what was expected. Suarez wasnt the only reason we were wipping the floor with everyone. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Because he thought attack was better than defence with the players he had maybe? He came a whisker away from winning the league remember. Let's not pretend that he didn't do exactly what was expected. Suarez wasnt the only reason we were wipping the floor with everyone. 

That season it wasn't no, I agree. Although Suarez was obviously a huge part of it. Liverpool weren't great at either attacking or defending in 14/15 and the start of 15/16 though

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived