talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2019/20 General Chat

On 23/09/2019 at 10:26, Dan said:

Rodgers has become a bit more conservative. I actually think we could even be 2nd if he'd been a bit more positive in some of our games.

Maybe he's a bit more conservative when he doesn't feel like he has to constantly attack - his Swansea side was more conservative than his LFC side.

I still think he's an overrated dickhead though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe he's a bit more conservative when he doesn't feel like he has to constantly attack - his Swansea side was more conservative than his LFC side.

I still think he's an overrated dickhead though.

I wonder if he's just learnt from his errors. He's largely associated with bad defending but we've not let in more than one in a game since April.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Still no announcement by Premier League for December and January TV fixtures. 

Apparently the issue is with Amazon and their Boxing Day selections and potential issue with policing. 

Announcement from PL was meant to be 11th October and no update from them about the delay. Poor really considering it could affect plans for fans who are trying to arrange travel to fixtures but can't incase their fixture gets moved and to when. Or even if it doesn't, there's no confirmation of it. Intensified given the fact its Christmas and New Year time and obviously every fan will want to know what arrangements they can make. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Still no announcement by Premier League for December and January TV fixtures. 

Apparently the issue is with Amazon and their Boxing Day selections and potential issue with policing. 

Announcement from PL was meant to be 11th October and no update from them about the delay. Poor really considering it could affect plans for fans who are trying to arrange travel to fixtures but can't incase their fixture gets moved and to when. Or even if it doesn't, there's no confirmation of it. Intensified given the fact its Christmas and New Year time and obviously every fan will want to know what arrangements they can make. 

I read that it was a problem with Amazon but with the early December midweek fixtures not the Boxing Day ones

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I read that it was a problem with Amazon but with the early December midweek fixtures not the Boxing Day ones

Yeah I wonder if Sky's selections for Sunday 1st December have screwed the plans up for Amazon's coverage.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool vs Leicester to be 8pm on Boxing Day.

That's proper shite for away fans. Public transport on that day is already pretty restricted.

• Administrator

Loads of changes across Dec/Jan then.

Some mid-week games now on at 7.30pm and 8.15pm.

Sheff Utd vs Newcastle and Arsenal vs Brighton now on Thursday 5th Dec.

BT Sport to air 9 games on NYD. 

• Administrator

Only Wolves have a shorter turnaround time than us in the festive fixtures. 

I don't get that our game at West Ham on 28th is only moved to 5.30pm given we play at 8pm on Boxing Day. Why can it not be moved to the Sunday like Liverpool's did? 

We basically kick off twice in less than 48 hours. 

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Couldn't care less about the players, all this moaning about kicking off twice in 2 days, fuck off Christmas has always been like that. Only disgraceful thing is the way they treat the fans, all games should be 3pm boxing day.

It was always like that yes but it was always the same for every team. It's a huge disadvantage if you're playing two high intense games in the space of less than 48 hours and the other side might have had an extra days rest for example. I agree with the all games at 3pm on Boxing Day though and that would go some way to solving both issues

• Administrator
7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It was always like that yes but it was always the same for every team. It's a huge disadvantage if you're playing two high intense games in the space of less than 48 hours and the other side might have had an extra days rest for example. I agree with the all games at 3pm on Boxing Day though and that would go some way to solving both issues

Liverpool have an extra day's rest after the Boxing Day game with us, just saying. 

23 hours ago, Stan said:

Just saying that you have an advantage over several other clubs having that extra days rest. 

I would suggest other clubs win the European Cup and get extra matches for that stupid CWC tournament if they want an extra day around Boxing Day

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

How has Klopp hit back?

"I am not too sure if I want to put oil on the fire. I am not interested in these kind of things - and I promise not to mention tactical fouls" xD

Oil & tactical fouls. If he only mentioned slavery & financial doping and he'd have hit Man City bingo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived