talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gattuso Leaves AC Milan

Gennaro Gattuso has announced that he is stepping down as Milan Coach. “It’s a painful choice but a considered one.”

Gattuso’s decision to leave Milan comes after they failed to qualify for the Champions League, while the Coach confirmed reports that he was giving up the remainder of his salary.

“Deciding to leave the Milan bench isn’t easy, but it’s a decision I had to make,” he told La Repubblica.

“There wasn’t a precise moment when I came to this decision: it was the sum of these 18 months as Coach of a team who, for me, will never be like the others.

“They’re months that I lived through with great passion, unforgettable months. It’s a painful choice but a considered one.

“I gave up the final two years on my contract because my story with Milan could never be about money.”

The former Rossoneri midfielder succeeded Vincenzo Montella at the helm in November 2017 and won 40, drew 22 and lost 20 of his 82 games at San Siro

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Report: Gattuso to give up €11m

Gennaro Gattuso has arrived at Milan’s offices to waive the remainder of his contract – worth almost €11m gross.

MilanNews.it spotted Gattuso checking into Casa Milan with his assistant Gigi Riccio on Tuesday afternoon.

The website explains it is there that he will reach a consensual resolution with the Rossoneri over his contract.

Sky Sport Italia adds the remaining two years on the Coach’s contract amounts to ‘almost €11m gross’.

Official announcements of his departure and that of sporting director Leonardo are expected shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived