talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pens

football forum

Anyone else a fan of good pens? 

I don't care about the Mont Blanc's because there comes a point where the price for the pen doesn't outweigh the benefits. 

However, I do enjoy Cross Pens, and then this weekend bought a pen that is made out of cedar, and a absolute beautiful. 

Here is what I have so far that I do 99% of my writing with nowadays. 

cd2f6ba772db4643ef55e748c1f7d547.jpg

61l-cyMWKrL._SX466_.jpg

ouc4dnduc35uhlmhoitp_1_3.jpg

61T8DEsO+RL._SL1500_.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here schools are promoting the use of ball point pen over fountain pens in some exams they don't even let using fountain pens which i think is ruining hand writing of kids. I used fountain pens through out my exam period and it helped improve my hand writing.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Here schools are promoting the use of ball point pen over fountain pens in some exams they don't even let using fountain pens which i think is ruining hand writing of kids. I used fountain pens through out my exam period and it helped improve my hand writing.

Used to love a good fountain pen at school. Absolute bastard when it leaked though. 

Just now, Stan said:

Used to love a good fountain pen at school. Absolute bastard when it leaked though. 

That's the reason why they are discourage using it, imagine spelling ink all over you're exam sheet near the end

• Subscriber

Only had these when I was a wee nipper at school in the '50s, come home with ink all over your hands and our mum doing her nut and telling me to get upstairs in the bathroom and scrub your hands clean, sigh, those were the days. :$

78521435-old-simple-vintage-wooden-fount

stock-photo-old-school-pen-and-inkwell-1

• Subscriber

Was given a Waterman pen years ago as a present (fountain) and I use it every now and then. I use a ballpoint everyday for work notes but that fountain pen brings back good memories of school and how much we had to worry about the damn thing leaking if you accidentally put too much pressure on the nib.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

I have an astronaut pen. It writes upside down. They use it in space 

I always wonder why they didn't just give astronauts pencils.

I have a nice Cross my dad gave me, but I never really use it. I just use those cheap shite biros where you can buy a box of them for incredibly cheap. And I don't even buy them, my work does.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I always wonder why they didn't just give astronauts pencils.

I have a nice Cross my dad gave me, but I never really use it. I just use those cheap shite biros where you can buy a box of them for incredibly cheap. And I don't even buy them, my work does.

I bet having loose flakes of graphite floating around in a space ship would be seriously bad news

I use the uni-ball pens because they're the nicest to write with of any disposable pen I've used. Used to use a fountain pen at school but found I wrote way too slowly with it to bang out a good essay in timed conditions.

Sometimes I think about buying a nice pen, but my handwriting is an absolute disgrace and it'd just be embarrassing. All the gear, no idea

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I bet having loose flakes of graphite floating around in a space ship would be seriously bad news

I use the uni-ball pens because they're the nicest to write with of any disposable pen I've used. Used to use a fountain pen at school but found I wrote way too slowly with it to bang out a good essay in timed conditions.

Sometimes I think about buying a nice pen, but my handwriting is an absolute disgrace and it'd just be embarrassing. All the gear, no idea

I hated using a fountain pen at school, I also had to write too slow using one and if I wrote fast I'd manage to get ink all over the fucking place. Cheap Bic biros were a mainstay for me at school.

The nice pen my dad got me is completely wasted on me. I use it for writing thank you cards, and that's about it.

Archived