talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gian Piero Gasperini Staying at Atalanta

Official: Gasp staying at Atalanta

Atalanta have confirmed that Coach Gian Piero Gasperini will stay to guide them through their first-ever Champions League campaign.

Gasperini had been touted as Roma’s pick to replace Claudio Ranieri, but Atalanta President Antonio Percassi announced on Wednesday that the 61-year-old had pledged his commitment to the club.

“With great satisfaction, I can confirm that the relationship between Atalanta and our Coach Gian Piero Gasperini will continue,” Percassi told the club’s official website.

“A path of growth that goes on with the aim of giving continuity to the important things we’ve built in these last three seasons.

“And it’s precisely in accordance with this historical moment our club is experiencing that there will also be greater involvement from my son Luca in all those aspects of a technical nature related to the first team.

“I can only thank everyone for their good work and, as always, Forza Atalanta.”

The Dea finished third in Serie A, beating Milan and Roma to a place in next season’s edition of Europe’s elite club competition.

ANSA reports the former Genoa and Inter boss has extended his contract until 2022, with the option of an extra year, and had his salary raised to €2.2m

:congrats:

• The title was changed to Gian Piero Gasperini Staying at Atalanta
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great news. Good to have consistency and stability going in to next season and the European exploits. 

I think it's best for everyone that he stays. They will have a massive fixture backup with being in Europe, so hopefully they can keep the core and continue their success. 

Archived