talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Not so hyped countries you want to visit

football forum

3 hours ago, Eco said:

I'd also love to visit Mexico, and not the typical tourist locations like Cabo, but more of the beautiful country side where tequila is made. 

Mexico is fantastic. I've been all over Mexi-Cali and to Mexico City. Great place.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Went to the Isle of Bute for a holiday with the wife and then young kids around 1980 the Isle is an island in the Firth of Clyde in Scotland, caught a train to Glasgow and then a ferry across and spent 2 weeks there, the countryside was beautiful, the air was fresh the beaches were good.

791456194_download(2).png.37b6109f102634bdb10c6fe471e9024c.png

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I want to go to Norway or Sweden

Was just about to mention this as I forgot earlier.

Norway, Sweden & Iceland would be on my list. Northern Lights being the main reason as I've heard it's ridiculously expensive in Norway at least. Beers and slices of pizza cost equivalent of something stupid like £10 each. Need to take out another mortgage for that xD

Closest I've been to those countries is Copenhagen but even then that was for less than 24 hours.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Norway is indeed expensive, you're talking £20-£25 for a slice of pizza and a drink. Sweden is nice but isn't like Norway, it's more like Denmark which you have already seen. 

Thank god I’ll be eating on the ship! Stavanger on Monday, Fläm Tuesday, Alesund Wednesday and final stop in Bergen on Friday. Can’t wait. Just the small drive to Southampton tomorrow 🙈

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Norway is indeed expensive, you're talking £20-£25 for a slice of pizza and a drink. Sweden is nice but isn't like Norway, it's more like Denmark which you have already seen. 

How long did you go for Norway for?

I barely saw Denmark to be honest. Was a cold, winter November evening so barely saw anything.

• Subscriber

Short list for now - Bhutan, Chile, Tanzania, Jordan, Tibet and Pakistan

Out of all those I'd put Pakistan at the top of the list. So many good friends from school and over the years that I think its high time I made a trip. @Azeem any recommendations for time of year?

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Out of all those I'd put Pakistan at the top of the list. So many good friends from school and over the years that I think its high time I made a trip. @Azeem any recommendations for time of year?

Doesn't really count since I lived there but I feel Denmark is underrated. Copenhagen is a really astounding city, right up there with Amsterdam and Berlin in my opinion. It's expensive, but only really extortionate if you stumble into the most obvious tourist traps. I can't wait to go back. 

Beyond that, Aarhus is a nice little city that I'd love to go back to.  

Beyond that, I'd love to go to some of the Baltic cities, like Riga, Tallinn, Helsinki and St Petersburg. 

I've also never been to the Czech Republic and besides Prague, some of the towns like Karlovy Vary and Cheb look nice. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I'd also love Bhutan but that tarif really puts me off :( 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Thailand hyped? I'd like to go there. I've got to go to Indonesia pretty soon, so hopefully that's nice.

Thailand, to me, has pockets which aren't so party and shopping centric but it is a bit hyped. For example, diving is great on the islands and i have been way too many times to count now.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Thailand hyped? I'd like to go there. I've got to go to Indonesia pretty soon, so hopefully that's nice.

Very much so mate. Indonesia though is not unless you're taking about Bali. 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Zimbabwe is an interesting choice... I wanted to go as I have a very good friend from there but he moved to South Africa in the meantime.

When it comes to Africa, I'd also be interested in visiting Ethiopia. 

Got a mate from Zimbabwe and when he heads back he often says he’ll take me. I should do that one day if I’m ever to go. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Very much so mate. Indonesia though is not unless you're taking about Bali. 

Never been to Bali (well the airport twice) it’s where every West Aussie goes. Bogan central. Sounds gross. I understand if you get the hell away from Kuta or whatever the island is meant to be nice. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've heard some not-very-nice stuff about Indonesia tbh.

Yeah. I hear good things about orangutans in Borneo, and fairly good things about Bali but never met a single person with nice stuff to say about Jakarta.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I would say May to October is the best time to visit, northern part of the country are not so snow covered in that time from a traveling point of view thats a plus, great time for visiting the southern coastal cities as well although the mainland Punjab will be hot as hell if there isn't enough monsoon season in between.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Toinho said:

If @Dr. Gonzo was a country, I’d explore it.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In that case, I am a country

You know how Scotland has Arthur's seat? 

There's a place called Gonzo's Hole which is a tourist haven apparently. We should all go. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

There's a place called Gonzo's Hole which is a tourist haven apparently. We should all go. 

Although the idea of paying a lot of money just to stare at Gonzos hole might sound appealing to some I don't think it's going to be making it on my top ten list... 

Archived