talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Not so hyped countries you want to visit

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Although the idea of paying a lot of money just to stare at Gonzos hole might sound appealing to some I don't think it's going to be making it on my top ten list... 

Who says you just have to stare? 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You would probably know Stan, just how big is Gonzo's hole?? 

Fucking huge after me and @Toinho dealt with it. 

Affectionately known as the black hole soon after our visit. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Fucking huge after me and @Toinho dealt with it. 

Affectionately known as the black hole soon after our visit. 

Well I am not all that keen on adding £300-400 extra for potholing equipment so defo giving it a miss... 

On 30/05/2019 at 21:01, Inverted said:

Doesn't really count since I lived there but I feel Denmark is underrated. Copenhagen is a really astounding city, right up there with Amsterdam and Berlin in my opinion. It's expensive, but only really extortionate if you stumble into the most obvious tourist traps. I can't wait to go back. 

Beyond that, Aarhus is a nice little city that I'd love to go back to.  

On 30/05/2019 at 21:04, Cannabis said:

Aarhus is nicer than Copenhagen IMO.

Went to Copenhagen last year as I was hoping to go primarily for the Wales game and really liked it. Expensive but strangely, it wasn't so bad when you got used to it. I would put Denmark on the list of 'not so hyped countries' as it's lovely, but not one of those places you think of when you plan for a holiday. 

Unfortunately, I didn't go to Aarhus so a bit of a missed opportunity there. 

• 4 weeks later...

Greece. Greece has always been a budget-friendly destination compared to other popular destinations around Europe, and you can easily have a nice vacation with good food and accommodation without breaking the bank. I love to rent a car (link removed - no advertising!) and drive around the islands and explore hidden places far away from the main tourist attractions. It’s so easy and convenient, and you feel the freedom. Renting a scooter and explore on your own is something everyone should do while they visit Greece!

On 31/05/2019 at 19:29, Dr. Gonzo said:

No, @Toinho's only. This country is harder to get into than North Korea

My uncle wasn't allowed into New York simply for the fact he'd spent time in boastals and prisons when he was younger, although we are speaking over 30 years ago. He's miles away from being a criminal and hasn't been in trouble for a long time so it's ridiculous really. 

Archived