talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru vs Costa Rica - Tuesday 4th June, 2019

football forum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care about this one too much nor the game vs Colombia. I'll still watch it but after our run before the World Cup last year, it's hard to care about the result too much.

Won 1-0, with a really classy goal from Christian Cueva. The performance could have been better, but I do wonder how much the drizzle had to do with it. It doesn't rain at all here and a wet pitch actually could have made a difference for us. 

Next up, Colombia.

@José

I was actually impressed by Guido. He's a rock and it complements the Argentina midfield. He and Paredes, with Lo Celso pushing up, looks to get the best out of Messi. 

No way France would of bulldozed the Argentina midfield last WC with Guido in it. Another Mascherano. 

4 hours ago, José said:

That first goal is legitimate!! Poor defending led to that goal, but of course the hopeless defense tries to blame the assistant. Colombia led by Matheus Uribe is a real contender to win la Copa America. As for Peru, losing AT HOME with a full squad AND looking so poorly it's a clear sign they need a new coach. Forget winning la Copa américa, can they score at least a few times and be competitive versus the real contenders? Hard to say yes after that performance versus Colombia. 

Guido Rodriguez starting for Argentina and matheus for Colombia (their best player by a large margin versus peru) once again shows that club America has in fact the best squad in this side of the world. :ay:

Why the fuck do you care you bloody cretin?

Your whole life is waiting to pounce on results that have nothing to do with you. Posts like these is why everyone wants you banned.

1 minute ago, José said:

Club America thats why. Uribe and roger Martinez :ay:

Look on the bright side. You Still enough time for you to go back and edit that post about peru being a contender to win the copa america buddy. 

Look at the bright side, you still have enough time to leave the forum before embarrassing yourself in getting banned again.

Also, where were you when Peru beat Costa Rica? We were god awful in that game and still won it. You predicted us to lose, and as always you disappeared. Twat. You are the last person with the right to talk about our national team.

Teso in 2015: Peru are going out in the Copa America groups.

Result: Peru reaches semi-finals and finish 3rd.

Teso in 2016: Peru are going out in the Copa America groups

Result: We knock out Brazil, and make it past our group

Teso in 2017: I will log out and never post again if Peru reach the World Cup

Result: Peru qualify for the World Cup

Teso in 2018: Peru will lose all 3 games in the World Cup

Result: Peru beat Australia. Sure we went out, but we weren't god awful like we have been recently.

Conclusion: Teso has constantly had to backtrack and has no right to talk about our national team. I don't even know why he even cares. We aren't Mexico's rival or anything and should honestly have no interest in how we do. The answer is that he's a cretin that enjoys getting a rise out of people, and its 100% the reason he was booted for 3 months.

He said we'll finish 3rd or 4th in the group, so everyone needs to put all their money in us reaching the knockouts again.

13 minutes ago, José said:

To my defence, I wasnt taking into consideration the possibility of Paolo using drugs to play better and Bolivia to gift Peru three points after beating them comfortably and convincingly when I was making those predictions. You live and learn buddy. 

Even though Guerrero was found innocent 2 weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, José said:

Majority of fans would of love to have seen Chile instead of peru simple because they are better in every category. 

"Better in every category"

5b722c48d7c485fc979691a5239c8b39.png

Including a 3-0 loss against us. Also, nobody wanted to see Chile cos everyone hates them in South America. Just some bollocks you made up to prove your own agenda.

Just give credit where its due and go away. 

Also, what is a South American "elite" team?

Historically the only elite teams in South America are Argentina and Brazil. The rest are spontaneous. Colombia right now are elite as are Uruguay, hate to break it to you but we were elite too. We might not have world class players in Europe but we were extremely cohesive in our qualifying campaign and played marvellous football that saw us go unbeaten from the start of 2017 up until the World Cup.

Chile are not elite and weren't elite near the end of the qualifiers. They are even less "elite" now. You just go by reputation. The whole argument that the rest were "weaker" is stupid. We didn't qualify cos of luck.

11 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Also, what is a South American "elite" team?

Historically the only elite teams in South America are Argentina and Brazil. The rest are spontaneous. Colombia right now are elite as are Uruguay, hate to break it to you but we were elite too. We might not have world class players in Europe but we were extremely cohesive in our qualifying campaign and played marvellous football that saw us go unbeaten from the start of 2017 up until the World Cup.

Chile are not elite and weren't elite near the end of the qualifiers. They are even less "elite" now. You just go by reputation. The whole argument that the rest were "weaker" is stupid. We didn't qualify cos of luck.

Imo the only elite South American sides are Argentina and Brazil. Takes a lot to be considered elite though, in my books at least.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo the only elite South American sides are Argentina and Brazil. Takes a lot to be considered elite though, in my books at least.

Well yeah, thats why I say it is spontaneous.

Historically they are the only elite teams. Uruguay stopped being that consistently since the 1960's. However as for the others you get your elite teams pop up every so often. Could be Peru, Colombia, even Bolivia. 

My point is teams can stop being elite, something Teso doesn't seem to understand. Chile were elite from 2010 to 2016, and they failed to qualify cos they were shite. I can almost assure you they won't be back for 2022, because they have no good young players, or none that will become Sanchez or Vidal. The performances since the World Cup have also been shocking.

Peru were elite last qualifiers in my opinion but we are no longer that, as we've not been great since the end of the World Cup. However, these are only friendlies so I hope its just a smokescreen.

• Administrator

Don't think going unbeaten for about a year and a bit qualifies you as 'elite'. Not if you're already admitting that teams like Argentina and Brazil are elite as well. 

You can't change the meaning of the word to suit how you felt about your team. Sounds like you just became consistent for a while with a good bunch of players and a good cohesion as you put it. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't think going unbeaten for about a year and a bit qualifies you as 'elite'. Not if you're already admitting that teams like Argentina and Brazil are elite as well. 

You can't change the meaning of the word to suit how you felt about your team. Sounds like you just became consistent for a while with a good bunch of players and a good cohesion as you put it. 

We played the best football in South America after Brazil. Maybe I am overusing the word elite, but we were VERY good between 2017 and the World Cup.

Our players are good. Not great, not world class. Just good, and with good cohesion, that is sometimes enough to form a very good team at least at international level. I think club is more complicated.

To say Chile is still elite though, especially cos they are similar to us historically, is complete nonsense though. They were elite for a brief time, and that is that. It is all spontaneous. Hungary was elite at one point too, for quite some time.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

We played the best football in South America after Brazil. Maybe I am overusing the word elite, but we were VERY good between 2017 and the World Cup.

Our players are good. Not great, not world class. Just good, and with good cohesion, that is sometimes enough to form a very good team at least at international level. I think club is more complicated.

To say Chile is still elite though, especially cos they are similar to us historically, is complete nonsense though. They were elite for a brief time, and that is that. It is all spontaneous. Hungary was elite at one point too, for quite some time.

I've seen nobody here say Chile is or were elite? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've seen nobody here say Chile is or were elite? 

Teso did and he keeps trying to remind me of it. Gets annoying cos it's completely false.

Just now, Stan said:

Where? 

In the World Cup thread where we went out, and in some of the qualifying threads. Didn't exactly say it here.

On another note, what a fast reply xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 13:44, Teso dos Bichos said:

Look on the bright side. You Still enough time for you to go back and edit that post about peru being a contender to win the copa america buddy. 

Another one that is pure gold.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived