• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mexico vs Venezuela - Wednesday 5th June, 2019

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, José said:

Same here. Why weird? The Mexican crowd will fill up the stadium.

Let me know if you go, I might be able to meet up with you. 

Only weird to think that a national team is playing a friendly not in either of the countries. I get it with it being Mexico AND with it being Tata, it's just not something I remember seeing in the past. 

I'll be looking for tickets and might wear my Atlanta United kit. 

• The topic was unpinned
Just now, Cicero said:

Very Uruguay esq performance from Argentina. Stay compact, press when need to, force the mistakes. 

Lautaro hattrick 

Lautaro, what a player man. I'm so excited to see him continue to develop.

Like I said before, Mexico NEEDS to move to CONMEBOL if they want to improve. It won't happen but they seem to encounter a culture shock when they come over here. The difference in beating Martinique and then playing Argentina is huge. It's beyond the managers at this point. Osorio did a bad job (not just the 7-0) but now I hope Martino doesn't get the blame.

3 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

What do you think of the result? @Berserker 

Lautaro is really becoming something. Gets better by game.

Excellent result and nicely done by Lautaro. I always trusted him and said for the moment he should be the starting striker after Higuain retired from the NT, instead of Icardi

15 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Excellent result and nicely done by Lautaro. I always trusted him and said for the moment he should be the starting striker after Higuain retired from the NT, instead of Icardi

I heard your very own Exequiel Palacios did well. Argentina's future looks bright as per, I doubt you'll reach the heights of quality of the 2014 or 2010 team but you'll definitely get back to having a World Cup winning squad, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Brings up martinique but doesn't bring up Germany xD mexico has always step up were it counts, at the world cup(unlike Peru :ay:), and this friendly result is all on el tata. Get that motherfucker a way from my NT and give the job to almeyda! 

Good for you man but this is my opinion. Not yours, nor a set fact, just my own opinion. If you don’t like it then that’s not my problem.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Can't find were but you posted Peru wasn't consistent and good enough to beat teams like Germany, France, and Brazil yet mexico HAS and you want to bring up the concacaf every fucking time :rofl: when it comes to Peru, you hype friendlies and try to belittle the poor performance at the WC!!! Who gives a fucking shit that mexico is part of the concacaf, they have been winning crucial WC games and have made it out their groups, unlike your team.... that's not an opinion, thats the fucking truth. :ay:

I pressed control + f and you are the only person who has mentioned Peru in the entire thread. Congrats on bring something completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

Again, this is my opinion. Don't take it personal ffs.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Your entitled to your opinion, just don't be a two face hypocrite and have an opinion for Peru and a different one for Mexico :ay:if peru had the WC group history that mexico has, you would probably be making threads about making a statue of the coach who beat Germany but once again I'm wasting my time. You will never change, I'm right and your stubborn but that doesn't change the fact and joy that my NT has been successful even while playing at the concacaf...

Congrats on losing the final, Chilean fans only brag about actual accomplishments like winning the cup and not finishing short. :ay:

It's not that I'm stubborn, or a "two faced hypocrite". It has to do with me having my opinion. I think Mexico would be much better off in CONMEBOL. You might miss a couple World Cups but would be much more competitive against top sides and would fight to get to most WC's. 

I haven't mentioned Peru at all in this thread. You brought them up even though they had nothing to do with this.

23 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I don't see how you can argue that being part of the conmebol makes you more competitive, how has that worked for Peru? Look at our WC group victories we have had... beat Brazil in a confederation and Olympic gold final, we are fine playing at concacaf. :ay:

lol that's your only ammunition isn't it?

At least we don't lose 4-0 to Argentina or 7-0 to Chile on a consistent basis :ay:

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

At least we beat Brazil in finals :ay:chile and Mexico have actually won finals, a second place finish is the best Peru can accomplish :what:

Peru Copa America wins = 2

Mexico Copa America wins = 0

Try again

Can Mexico switch to Comenbol? Because that seems a bit weird if they can. But it would obviously be a lot better for Mexican football (and USA football) if they could ditch CONCACAF and playing a more competitive federation. Granted, they'd probably not get anywhere near as much opportunity to make it to the World Cup though.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Except Brazil and Argentina, mexico would win most home games and more than half of the away games.... Paolo Guerrero and cuevas look like Sunday league players compared to Jimenez, Edson, and Lozano. 

lol

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can Mexico switch to Comenbol? Because that seems a bit weird if they can. But it would obviously be a lot better for Mexican football (and USA football) if they could ditch CONCACAF and playing a more competitive federation. Granted, they'd probably not get anywhere near as much opportunity to make it to the World Cup though.

Mexico might miss out on a few World Cups but ultimately they wouldn’t be smashed every time by South Americans and could finally get past the round of 16 at the WC. However, to answer your question, as dominant as they are in CONCACAF, they aren’t quite that dominant to make an argument. It worked for Australia because they were winning games 32-0. Mexico are not. That said, they have a good relationship with CONMEBOL I’d like to think and as a fan speaking, I’d welcome them.

Mods please have a talk with libby... trolling because he cant handle the fact that his country and its league are in the same level of Costa Rica, NZ, and Bolivia. 

Last time mexico sent their A team(the coach was literally forced after that edition to send the B team due to mexico making more profit in the copa oro. 

Defeated Brazil 2-0 and finished ahead of them and chile in their group. Won 6-0 versus Paraguay, and defeated Uruguay for the third spot 4-1. 

Meanwhile he was bragging about neutrals being pleased with Peru that they showed up and at least tried even though they lost and finished third in their group :rofl: club America's youth team would win the ameatuer peruvian league year after year. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Did you actually report me for that? xD

Buddy you can talk all you want but it doesn't change the truth. We are a whole staircase ahead of Mexico.

Not gonna lie but I would prefer the likes of Jimenez, Lozano, Alvarez and Lainez over the majority of Peru's players... 

Archived