talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Roma’s Implosion

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while I won't read the article, it has been all over the news about Roma's current situation. 

They really did screw over De Rossi, which is absolutely bonkers to me after how they did so great with Totti. Reports saying that Totti and De Rossi don't get along aren't helping, their new stadium is continuously getting held up for a number of reasons, and they keep selling off their best players and holding the manager responsible for a high league position. 

Incredible how many poor decisions they are making back, to back, to back, to back...

1 hour ago, Eco said:

So while I won't read the article, it has been all over the news about Roma's current situation. 

They really did screw over De Rossi, which is absolutely bonkers to me after how they did so great with Totti. Reports saying that Totti and De Rossi don't get along aren't helping, their new stadium is continuously getting held up for a number of reasons, and they keep selling off their best players and holding the manager responsible for a high league position. 

Incredible how many poor decisions they are making back, to back, to back, to back...

Totti and De Rossi are stench that won't leave Roma. While I do like them, them hanging around for so long has only damaged the club. Huge wages, player power, and uncessary drama is what they bring when they aren't/weren't playing well. Not even mentioning that De Rossi wanted Totti sacked as well due to his relationship with di Francesco and Monchi, just goes to show that the two have been a cancer that lived beyond their prime playing years. Roma didn't screw De Rossi at all, he has been screwing Roma for years.

Sentimentality has cost Roma, as well as the inmates running the asylum. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Totti and De Rossi are stench that won't leave Roma. While I do like them, them hanging around for so long has only damaged the club. Huge wages, player power, and uncessary drama is what they bring when they aren't/weren't playing well. Not even mentioning that De Rossi wanted Totti sacked as well due to his relationship with di Francesco and Monchi, just goes to show that the two have been a cancer that lived beyond their prime playing years. Roma didn't screw De Rossi at all, he has been screwing Roma for years.

Sentimentality has cost Roma, as well as the inmates running the asylum. 

I think they obviously handled the whole situation poorly, and I do think they did De Rossi wrong about how they informed him, and how they seemed to spin it ever so briefly that it was DR's decision. De Rossi is still good enough to start for Roma. 

The same fans who blame Pallotta now for selling players, hailed the arrival of Monchi when he came in... It didn't take a genius to figure out he was about to sell off a few star players.

The problem hasn't been the selling of players (aside from the ridiculous low fee for Salah), it's been the overpriced, older players that have been brought in.

Di Francesco should have never been let go, and it is only getting worse now that they have failed to bring in an adequate replacement months down the line.

20 hours ago, Spike said:

Pallotta has also come out and said there are parts of the story that are true and parts which are fiction... Way to add fuel to the fire.

Personally, I'd like them to just not address any of this and it would have died off as a story quicker.

Archived