talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri to Leave Chelsea

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mad. The lengths this club went to sign him last summer. 

It was pretty clear Sarri was appointed to change the entire playing culture of the club. Now all of that is being abandoned for the sake of Lampard coming to manage us? Or did Sarri want to go back to Italy?

Regardless. Back to square one yet again. 

I heard a rumour about Lampard coming in a few weeks ago but thought it well too early to be taking a gamble like that... once again stability goes out the window, what the hell are they doing at that club.. even if he was getting tapped up in Italy the club could have said we would prefer to keep you unless it's something Sarri really wanted to do of course... even so, the club are going to be taking a huge chance if they do give it to Lampard... 

Wow - Chelsea will quickly become an undesirable place for the elite managers if they keep this up. 

Sarri seems likely to head back to Juve now, even though they (Juventus fans) still believe they have a chance to get Pep. 

• Subscriber

Surely something bad is going on internally to let a guy go who just brought them that much success? Mad stuff. If you're an elite manager you're looking at Chelsea and going nope don't want that right now. 

The only other Manager I can think of that could come in to replace Sarri is possibly Allegri??? not sure what his plans are though... don't know if he will be taking a time out or plans to dive straight back into another club... 

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Surely something bad is going on internally to let a guy go who just brought them that much success? Mad stuff. If you're an elite manager you're looking at Chelsea and going nope don't want that right now. 

A part of me really hopes Lampard turns us down. Our board will just be standing there with their cock's in their hand. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

A part of me really hopes Lampard turns us down. Our board will just be standing there with their cock's in the hand. 

I don't know if he could say no in this case. Its the club he got so much success with and if theres a vacant spot open and he gets an offer why would he turn it down? Sure, he might go in and do a OLE like whats going on at United but this is probably a dream come true for him. Having said all that, doesnt Lampard have a good relationship with Chelsea's owners and the club in general? 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

The only other Manager I can think of that could come in to replace Sarri is possibly Allegri??? not sure what his plans are though... don't know if he will be taking a time out or plans to dive straight back into another club... 

So from progressive football, back to pragmatic football. 

Either Allegri or Lampard, it's sheer incompetence from us. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A part of me really hopes Lampard turns us down. Our board will just be standing there with their cock's in their hand. 

You'd just get Allegri then. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

After watching what happened to Conte and now Sarri I am sure Allegri is saying I have won enough at the moment a holiday is in order I don't need that kind of drama.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Again, from progressive football back to pragmatic. 

This is why City and Liverpool are light years from us. There is a vision. 

No argument. Liverpool and City definitely have a vision and appear a lot more stable than whatever it is going on at Chelsea. 

Unless Sarri is unhappy, this move makes ABSOLUTE zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think this is possibly more about Sarri than Chelsea. He's not appeared particularly content for a while and Juventus are a step up in terms of size, and it's back to Italy.

Well, if he is happy in Italy, there are a few big time openings with AC Milan, Juventus, and Roma. 

WOW!

Once upon a time Ancelotti coached the club he had always said he despised (Juventus) and when he left them he regretted ever having taken the job.

Now in the space of a week we get two more hate jobs being taken. Conte to Inter and now even more incredible is Sarri to Juve.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Well, if he is happy in Italy, there are a few big time openings with AC Milan, Juventus, and Roma. 

I'd love someone to bring AC Milan back to relevance again even if they are going through a self-imposed ban avoidance. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Even if he wants to leave, the bigger question is why are we so keen on letting him leave? 

I truly believe that when he was having his personal meltdown before the second part of the season that he got into an altercation with someone at the club and in the better interest of salvaging the season they let him stay on. This was inevitable and even he must have known it as well.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I'd love someone to bring AC Milan back to relevance again even if they are going through a self-imposed ban avoidance. 

Don't think he'd go there tbh. I think it's either Juve or vacation time for Sarri. Unless Mancini wanted to go back to a club, and then Sarri take over the Italian NT. 

It's the classic recycling of Italian managers. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Even if he wants to leave, the bigger question is why are we so keen on letting him leave? 

Player power is a thing these days...

• This topic was pinned, unpinned and locked

Archived