talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri to Leave Chelsea

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's big risk but the more I think about it, why not Lampard? He's an intelligent man who will immediately command the respect of the players, fans and media. He did okay at Derby, nothing sensational and tactically got outthought quite a bit, but he's still young. Given the potentially difficult circumstances Chelsea will be in I think an on pitch hero might be the unifying figure they need. Or it could go absolutely tits up and their midtable or worse next year.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's big risk but the more I think about it, why not Lampard? He's an intelligent man who will immediately command the respect of the players, fans and media. He did okay at Derby, nothing sensational and tactically got outthought quite a bit, but he's still young. Given the potentially difficult circumstances Chelsea will be in I think an on pitch hero might be the unifying figure they need. Or it could go absolutely tits up and their midtable or worse next year.

This. Lampard managing us at some point is inevitable, so better now vs another long term option like Ten Hag or Jardim. We need to continue what Sarri started. Progressive football at the club.

The worse thing we can do right now is appoint someone like Allegri or Benitez. We would essentially be taking one step forward, two steps back. 

The club will still probably give him intangible goals and he'll be sacked within a year or two. 

Lampard is the only logical option for me given the transfer ban stays put, at this moment in time.

Who better really to work with and encourage youth through at Chelsea?

I mean he's worked with Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea already, and will no doubt be aware of the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, not to also mention those other lads who have gone out to clubs in the same division like Reece James, Abraham etc.

Whether they play a big part or not, you would think he would inspire the youth, along with Jody Morris, another Chelsea boy through and through.

He'll hold big respect from his fellow peers and the current pro's and will know everything and everyone, how they like to work at Chelsea.

Tactically, he was found wanting of course, but to get to one game from the PL in your debut season is pretty good no matter how much they rode their luck.

Sometimes you just need a manager that the players will literally die for.

You never know, he might even look to recruit Terry now he is a coach at a fellow PL club. Would Terry turn that down? Arguably not.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happens if Lampard does decently under the circumstances but Chelsea does the Chelsea thing and sacks him?

They will hire John Terry...

Then sack him :ph34r:

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Maybe Lampard will break the pathetic tradition  and actually be given time? 

Would hate to get Lampard, he is a club hero and one of the greatest ever players to play for us. Our fickle fans will shit on his legacy as soon as the results don't go our way. However if we give him time then yes, but we won't so no.

Better Lampard than anyone else. If the club do in fact prepare for him to be a long term option. 

His football is also similar to Sarri's, so best to continue on what Sarri started vs starting all over again. Also, having Morris and Terry as the staff can only help his cause. 

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His football is also similar to Sarri's, so best to continue on what Sarri started 

Might have well just kept Sarri then surely? Oooor get a much less experienced legend to take the flack. 

It really is a circus at Chelsea. 

The only plus I can see to Lampard (and if he brings Terry into the fold) is that maybe fans and board will side with the manager over the players when they down tools.

For Sarri to have been a success at Chelsea, we would have needed to see the culture syndrome Chelsea change a bit. Instead that didn’t happen and he was under pressure all season up until a cup final.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, True Blue said:

Would hate to get Lampard, he is a club hero and one of the greatest ever players to play for us. Our fickle fans will shit on his legacy as soon as the results don't go our way. However if we give him time then yes, but we won't so no.

I don't know... he's arguably your best ever player. I think he's unshitonable(haha) 

It's a risk, but the fans and those high up at the club are aware of that. 

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don't know... he's arguably your best ever player. I think he's unshitonable(haha) 

Trust me our fans have no limits

17 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I've known several people to meltdown and damn Lampard to hell after he joined City.

You Chelsea lads on here are sound (well except for Mr. :ay:)... but unfortunately you’re not fully representative of Chelsea’s fan base.

There’s a real split, it fees 50-50 but fuck knows what the percentage is, of the sound Chelsea fans to the whoppers. And the whoppers are fucking vocal. I’d genuinely feel bad for Lampard if the fans turned on him, but I think there’s a good chance it could happen even if he’s doing a good job under the circumstances

• Subscriber

593301329_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.b47f07881b5477607cf2117164774794.png

TOP STORY: Chelsea, Juve agree Sarri release

Maurizio Sarri looks set to be unveiled as Juventus boss over the weekend or earlier, according to a report in the BBC, after the Italian champions and Chelsea agreed a compensation package of £5 million.

Sarri arrived from Napoli in July 2018 and led Chelsea to third place in the Premier League to secure a Champions League spot, and then won the Europa League by beating Arsenal 4-1 in Baku.

The deal was made easier thanks to the warm relationship between Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici and Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia, though Chelsea have taken their time before agreeing to the departure in an effort to find a replacement.

The reports says Sarri is set to agree to his release before the weekend, which means Chelsea could unveil their new boss shortly. Frank Lampard remains among the favourites to replace the Italian, with Chelsea legend Didier Drogba backing his former teammate as a good fit for the position.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3875475/live-transfer-talk-chelsea-agree-sarri-release-fee-with-juventus

Looks like a compensation package worth almost 10 million. Wow, some actual profit. O.o

We expect to use the funds to buy Lampard out of his contract at Derby. 

Better Lampard than anyone else. Again, Morris must be with him to succeed. The more I think about it, the more I am getting excited. 

• This topic was pinned, unpinned and locked

Archived