talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

José Antonio Reyes Dies Aged 35

• Subscriber

Sad news indeed. I don't condone his actions with speeding in any way but in no way did he deserve to have his life taken away and the lives of his family and friends affected.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wonderful gesture from Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez with José Antonio Reyes’ son (his son is named after his late father) who has told the Reyes family that there will be no financial or necessity issue with the 11 year old boy who publicly posted an heartbreaking and emotional Instagram open letter...

José Antonio Reyes Junior signed for the Real Madrid academy only two days before his father’s fatal accident. Infact the photo on the boy’s Instagram post was from that day. Florentino Pérez has taken control of the boy’s direction and future up until the age of 18 he has made it known to the family.

20190601-636950196512359213_201906012103

Reyes' cousin tells the Guardia Civil

"We were going so fast that we flew"

José Antonio Reyes' cousin, Juan Manuel Calderón who was the only one to survive the accident that saw the footballer and another cousin lose their lives recalls the incident to the Guardia Civil.  José Antonio Reyes was driving at extreme high speeds in his powerful Brabus Mercedes S550 which boasts an engine that turns out a whopping 520bhp and can reach speeds up and above 300kmh.

Juan Manuel in his declaration to the Guadia Civil told of what he could remember;

"We were going so fast that we just took off and it felt like we flew."

"I was looking through the window so I don't know what José could've done but suddenly I noticed we were gliding in the air and the engine was screaming freely. Then the car in midair just started to take its own course and all I can remember is a monstrous impact."

The ""monstrous impact" Juan Manuel Calderón recalls was that the car veered in midair to the left and impacted head on against a granite block on the side of the autovia. The car which had increased its speed in midair according to the Guardia Civil broke the granite block and just flew spinning off out into a field over 90 metres away from when it first took off into the air which is why Juan Manuel has the correct sensation of flying. The Guardia Civil say that the reason for the car taking off into the air was due to two factors about 15 meteres before this occurred which was a slight ondulation in the asphalt which even at high speeds a human wouldn't notice. Due to the tyre pressure in the off-side front wheel being slightly off, it caused a blow-out and combined with the speed it caused a lift-off just like on an aeroplane.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, people won't like this.. but he was driving at a ridiculous speed? It's his fault and he paid the price with his life.. luckily he didn't kill any other innocent people. Lets think about the passengers who lost their lives because of his reckless driving. People getting upset and crying etc just because he's famous and a footballer. I'm more gutted for his poor family and the innocent passengers and their families. And like i said, luckily he didn't kill anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

img_aaguilar_20190623-115735_imagenes_md

José Antonio Reyes López son of the deceased José Antonio Reyes has been formally signed by Real Madrid CF and he will slip straight into Real's junior 'B' team as he is still only 11 years of age. This contract had already been agreed by his late father with the Madrid club which was three days before the fatal accident and the last time Reyes saw his son in person.

Archived