• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish League Cup - 2019/20

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How do teams feel about their competitive season starting in July? 

Three years ago, Aberdeen began their season in June because of the Europ League. So the rest can't have any complaints.

With UEFA's qualifying rounds beginning ridiculously early, it balances out the season for everyone else.

Most managers haven't had many complaints about it over the last few years. For the Premiership teams, it's just a bit more competitive for preseason matches as half the teams involved are part time, so they can't complain if they have a bad result.

Might have a look at one of the Southern ones on the 20th if the mythical Rangers v. Blackburn Rovers friendly is the day after as rumoured. Always fancied a day out in Hamilton...

On 04/06/2019 at 20:54, tlr said:

Might have a look at one of the Southern ones on the 20th if the mythical Rangers v. Blackburn Rovers friendly is the day after as rumoured. Always fancied a day out in Hamilton...

Confirmed this morning.

15 minutes ago, Rab said:

Confirmed this morning.

Yeah, was announced on our Twitter last night. Decided to make a weekend of it, hopefully getting the Motherwell game on the Friday night and will head somewhere on the Saturday too. Just need to actually get a ticket for Sunday, though would be amazed if either allocation sold out.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2019 at 13:18, tlr said:

Yeah, was announced on our Twitter last night. Decided to make a weekend of it, hopefully getting the Motherwell game on the Friday night and will head somewhere on the Saturday too. Just need to actually get a ticket for Sunday, though would be amazed if either allocation sold out.

Currently taking in the joys of Motherwell on a summer evening - ended up near the Motherwell ultras so there's a decent atmosphere if nothing else. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I am a Gers man so naturally, I would like them to win it but I have a feeling next year will be Stevie G's year, the Gers can pop the goals in but then get cocky when they are ahead then let it slip like against Aberdeen last night, go 2 up then go in sleep mode and Aberdeen scrape a draw, he can moan as much as he wants about a penalty not given last night when Alfredo Morelos got fouled in the box but at the end of the day we should have won that 3-0 looking at the full match on Youtube.

You never know though we could sneak a win at 2-1 but I won't keep my fingers crossed, Morelos has been a good boy playing for a while now but it might be someone like the Celtic captain winding him up and...say no more.   

On 05/12/2019 at 13:51, CaaC (John) said:

I am a Gers man so naturally, I would like them to win it but I have a feeling next year will be Stevie G's year, the Gers can pop the goals in but then get cocky when they are ahead then let it slip like against Aberdeen last night, go 2 up then go in sleep mode and Aberdeen scrape a draw, he can moan as much as he wants about a penalty not given last night when Alfredo Morelos got fouled in the box but at the end of the day we should have won that 3-0 looking at the full match on Youtube.

You never know though we could sneak a win at 2-1 but I won't keep my fingers crossed, Morelos has been a good boy playing for a while now but it might be someone like the Celtic captain winding him up and...say no more.   

Celtic have got that extra edge over Rangers. Rangers' back four cost them that match on Wednesday night, unable to cope with not the most skillful or intelligent of forward lines but willing to press high up the pitch.

They needed Jack or Davis to drop deeper to get the ball as they seemed unable to play out from the back without playing it long or inaccurately.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Rab said:

Really not sure why our penalty taker didn't take the penalty.

Not the time to be switching it up.

Thought this too. Was it Morelos wanting all the glory? 

• Subscriber

Had high hopes there for a moment when we were all over the Hoops at 0-0 and I thought we would score, why the fuck did Jack not take the penalty but you are more than likely right Rab that Morelos is yet to score against the Hoops so Jack gave him the chance, yet if Jack had taken it and scored that might have spurred the wee man on and he might have scored a couple.

Let's concentrate on the league now and stop the Hoops from going for another 9 in a row, hopefully, they will slip up and drop a few points as long as we keep winning.

Archived