talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eurovision 2017; Portugal Win!

football forum

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The juries made me hate this contest. They showed their political directions in the last contest and didn't let people's choice to win the competition. In my opinion it should be people who decide who the winner is, not 4-5 chairmen from each country.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Hang on, don't the people vote for who wins (i.e. - 12 points to these, 8 points to these etc...)

I haven't watched it since around 2007 when Lordi won so things might have changed.

Same here, Lordi winning it was also a breath of fresh air haha. 

Eurovision was always more or less political though.

• Subscriber

The only Eurovision song that I really like and actually listen to it once in a while is Netherlands entry in 2014:

It should have won too instead of the stupid Conchita Wurst garbage.

just going to be a back slapping exercise for the EU countries, we could put out any number of our musical acts that get continent wide smash hits and still come in 20 odd places back behind some gender fluid Hungarian with a Ukulele, it stopped being a serious competition years ago.

On 4/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, nudge said:

The only Eurovision song that I really like and actually listen to it once in a while is Netherlands entry in 2014:

It should have won too instead of the stupid Conchita Wurst garbage.

Oh man, they still play that song on German Radio stations so often. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma (Italy)

This is going to win by a good margin!  You heard it here first. ;)

Brilliant catchy tune.

I don't know man, after the rigged score system they have used the last year anything is possible . I like france's song

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Oh man, they still play that song on German Radio stations so often. 

It always comes up on Antenne Bayern when I'm having lunch at my local German place xD 

10 minutes ago, Djalminha said:

As long as RTVE are responsible of choosing the candidates this is what happens xD

They've always been responsible for choosing Spain's song for the Eurovision Song Contest and there's been many brilliant candidates and Spain has even won twice.  There's no excuse for this and a few others that have been selected...  It is TVE's fault though.

11 minutes ago, Djalminha said:

I don't know man, after the rigged score system they have used the last year anything is possible . I like france's song

Indeed the voting is rigged because of the East European vote.

That French song isn't bad but it doesn't come close the Italian one mate.

100% watching it because it's traditional and I'm a traditional kind of guy.  Will enjoy it until the eastern European countries all lick each other's arses and forget to vote for the best song.

I'll watch it too, like ever year. Germany will be among the last 5. I guarantee it. The singer is good and pretty and all that, but the song is just too dull. 

Archived