If your heart doesn't want to give in,
If it doesn't feel passion, doesn't want to suffer
Then without making plans for what's coming next
My heart can love for us both

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Awful Eurovision this year. Terrible winner, and some of the worst hosts in living memory. 

When some of the jury votes are still being giving to their neighbours it makes a mockery of the new system.

12 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Is the Eurovision actually taken seriously? I mean, I know everyone in Portugal will be happy but is this considered a big achievement? I always thought that it was just one big piss-up/mess around.

It's mostly just an excuse for people to turn into Twitter comedians for a night.

Although one could argue it is also a platform for gays to make mundane political statements.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

:o I thought it was great. Haven't laughed that much at a Eurovision in years. 

Don't try to take it seriously. Enjoy it for the Eurotrash farce it is. 

It was terrible, I love Eurovision, but those hosts were appalling and the winner was awful. The entertainment factor wasn't there for me - thought Ukraine did a pretty poor job overall. 

I don't see what's so terrible about the winner. It was a unique and technically apt performance (on a night where a majority of the artists sang off-key), written by the guy's sister (as opposed to an 'all-star team' of experienced Eurovision songwriters who produce the same generic pulp year in year out), and sang in the representative country's own language. What's more, he won because of his song and not because of a gimmick (Conchita Wurst), slutty clothing (Wild Dance) or dumb political opportunism (Jamala).

It's not my style, but as far as this contest goes it was a deserved winner. Don't know who else should've gotten the trophy.

Salavador won because he was a breath of fresh air to the contest. A simple song with some actual human element in it, unlike the many scandipop variations where the performance looks like a live music video, creating an act where visual features overlay the song and leave it behind.

I quite liked Portugal's song. Maybe not for 1st place but i would have it in top 5 even though I'm not a big fan of that kind of music. I liked how he was expressing himself with the song, beautiful language.

From this year, the only songs I liked were from Ukraine, the downgraded version of Daft Punk, Norway, Belgium if they had better singer and Italy.

Denmark, Switzerland, Poland and Germany's weren't that bad either for me.

Archived