talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neil Etheridge to Villa?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of our better players this season and has pulled off some great saves to keep us in matches, though his distribution is questionable. 

However, as much as I like him, I think he's replaceable and £12m for someone we got on a free in 2017 would be good business for us (especially as he was never expected to be number one). 

15 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

One of our better players this season and has pulled off some great saves to keep us in matches, though his distribution is questionable. 

However, as much as I like him, I think he's replaceable and £12m for someone we got on a free in 2017 would be good business for us (especially as he was never expected to be number one). 

I’m surprised we’re in for him in all honesty but I think the previous connection clinches it. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-make-shock-enquiry-cardiff-16379079

A bit weird, if I were in his shoes (and didn't have my brain in his body, so I wasn't biased) I'm not sure I'd give up first team football to sit on the bench with us. Obviously, it'd be great to have a keeper that's good enough to be a starter at other top flight clubs on the bench - and I think he's a better keeper than Mignolet (and Karius, who still has a year left on his loan); but it doesn't seem that great for him.

• The topic was locked

Archived