• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Apparently the guy is very talented which explains the feed but I heard that they offered 90m and were turned down? Maybe the Bundesliga folks can comment more here.

Kai Havertz is, at just 20 years, clearly the most talented U23 player in the Buli, Sancho is explicitly included. The price tag is a combination of his talent, his very young age, the time he has still on contract at Leverkusen, and the fact Leverkusen can't afford to lose another talent the same season Brandt left them for Dortmund. Especially with them playing CL next season Can't see Leverkusen selling Havertz for less money  than a nine figure sum.

Given that it is likely that they would get a similar amount for him next summer, it would not make much sense to sell him now. I agree with Rucksackfranzose about the nine digits.

Havertz is a very complete attacking midfielder. He is fast, a good dribbler, a good passer of the ball with a good eye an incredible composure in front of goal. In addition he is a tall strong lad that can hold his own in duels: He is even quite good in the air.

The first teenager ever to score 17 goals in a Bundesliga season. 

At the beginning of last season I was 'mocked' by some for including this young guy in my Fantasy BL team.  Every week he scored points - sometimes more than Reus and Lewandowski who were also part of my team.  My best player was another young guy - Josh Kimmich who now may be able to play with Kai next season and Heaven help the rest of us BL supporters if that happens - in the UK it would be like teaming up Kevin DB and young Alexander-Arnold.  Young Kai may move as he is ambitious and with the Munchkins part of next years CL that might just tempt him.  They are beginning to build up a really formidable squad - frighteningO.o

• The topic was locked

Archived