• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Maddison

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

£100m and they can have him.

As we showed with Mahrez we're good at keeping our best players for longer than expected (Kante an exception because of the dumb release clause). Same applies here for Maddison. 

He won't leave. 

• Subscriber

We will demand obscene money. Rightly so.

We are in a very good position here really. We've got a lot of players the others want.

Do feel like we need to make a buy of significance before anyone goes though and I think one goes maximum.

Doesn't make sense as a target for me. He's a very good player but, considering he hasn't been there long, he's just had a highly-rated season, and he's young and English, there's no way he's going to be value for money. 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wonder if Leicester fans would be happy losing Maddison if it meant funding the signing Tielemans with cash to spare?

I think we can realistically afford both.

I wouldn't be happy to be honest - both have worked well together since Youri signed in Jan. 

Maddison desperately needed some help in being the creative one in midfield so the pressure would only be lumbered on Youri's shoulders (if he signs) if Maddison left. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Wonder if Leicester fans would be happy losing Maddison if it meant funding the signing Tielemans with cash to spare?

I wouldn't. We were best playing both of them rather than one or the other. Their presence helped each other.

We won't sell him. We will want silly money, he's only been here a year and I think we've proven we're not that easy to buy from anymore.

I assume he has no release clause then? If so, that's good for Leicester as it greatly increases their chances of taking him.

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Imagine Liverpool would be taking a look, they need some sort of creativity in their midfield.

He's decent, but I don't think he'd be a good fit for us just yet. He's had a solid season, but I think he needs to build on it before I'd be wanting us to sign him.

I think the best thing for his career right now would be to stick around at Leicester, relatively stable club where he's already an important player and will get plenty of time on the pitch to develop. And Leicester fans are in a position where they have the ambition to kick on, which is good for him - it's good to play for a club that's got greater ambition than where they stand now - but I don't think they'll be anywhere near as toxic if Leicester do go on a poor run of form. Whereas with United, because they're United, they've got certain standards the fans want to see and if things go tits up, pressure may ramp up on him. And he's still young and learning, so that's not ideal for a young player. The counterpoint to that though, is the only way a player is going to get used to the pressures of playing for a massive club is to really expose himself to that sort of pressure.

• The topic was locked

Archived