talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle Promoted Back To Premier League

• Administrator

1 season out. Straight back up to the Premier League. As expected but made hard work of it towards the end of this season.

Congratulations, Geordies!

Happy for Rafa, too. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Welcome back.

They had no excuse for not bouncing, but you've still got to actually get over that line and that still requires an effort, so well done. I definitely think it helps for them to go into a season off the back of a positive rather than the usual treading water. Expect them to have an interesting, and expensive summer.

Only the second team to come up automatically straight after relegation in 6 year. We spent money in the Summer but made a huge net profit and had to replace our full team pretty much.

Over the moon we are back, hopefully back for a long, long time this time. 

Not going to worry about what we need next season and going to enjoy celebrating tonight and this season at cardiff on friday night.

Im happy for Rafa and their fans, It's not easy to win promotion first time of asking with a squad of players without much championship experience. It will be interesting to see who Rafa brings in during the summer and how they kick on from this. Obviously survival will be the expectation but I think Rafa has the tactical nous to get them up around mid table or even a top half finish next season if he is backed again in the transfer market.

We need 3 or 4 big signings then see where we are in January.

It can be very difficult to tell who is going to be good enough next season because the games are going to be entirely different including the way we must play them.

I know some want an entire new team but we need to be patient. It's going to take 3 transfer windows to shape something. Overnight success is unlikely.

We have already seen this season that because Rafa is our manager the national press have no patience at all. It will be the same for the next 18 months unless we get signings that have a massive impact. Then there will be a wankfest and the national media will switch to trying to talk Rafa up for other jobs. 

4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Great job by Rafa, newcastle promoted and sundercunts will be playing in the championship next year (s) :banana: 

shambles of a coach huh? Once again proving you know shit about football. (You know who you are) 

I NEED TO KNOW

Delighted, been a tough season since about Christmas and it's just been about stumbling over the line in any way, shape or form.

Rafa got a wonderful reception at the end too - we need to back that bloke with whatever he wants this season, this feels like our last chance to become a threat again.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

@Stan

Also, good to see the Newcastle fans on this forum enjoying their football again. It was hard reading under the circus of Pardew, McClaren and Carver.

I'd tip Newcastle to stay up without doing anything magnificent, a 12th position or so depending on who they bring in. Rafa won't fuck things up so much that they drop but needs time to make them great.

what?

28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Teso is claiming you know nothing about football :ph34r:

He was referring to me because I've rightly criticized Rafa in the past. I won't do it here even if I still don't rate him as a manager, but honestly its quite hilarious how he tries to have a pop at me at every opportunity and fails. Not like anyone takes him seriously mind.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I shit you not Pete Graves is on his phone on the train platform at Newcastle central that I am on right now. He's just said Newcastle's option to buy Atsu for £6.5m from Chelsea has already been agreed.

certain enough to put money on it xD ?

Rafa couldn't have shown his face in football again if he hadn't got Newcastle up automatically. That league is a piece of shit, not even a fella who's been binned at every club he's been at since Valencia could mess that up. 

Good day usually Newcastle, I swear it's always midweek though. 

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I shit you not Pete Graves is on his phone on the train platform at Newcastle central that I am on right now. He's just said Newcastle's option to buy Atsu for £6.5m from Chelsea has already been agreed.

Not the best way to celebrate promotion. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nice one Rafa & Newcastle. I'm not going to lie, I'm still jealous that they've got the best manager we've had in my lifetime...

If he left tomorrow he would leave as one of my favourite people associated with NUFC. Not just a top manager but a top bloke as well.

Hope he loves NUFC as much as we love him.

Archived