talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle Promoted Back To Premier League

Our managing director has been released tonight and they're now saying he wasn't officially question or arrested - just helping them with their enquiries.

They haven't half dragged his name through the shit if he's done nothing wrong.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Believe as you want to, but to me Rafa is a shit manager who's had his glory days just like Wenger. Just my opinion. He was awful at Napoli, cup win or not. End of.

Peace out

Might have been awful at Napoli (don't know and don't care) but shit manager? Keep cleaning them windows.

2 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Might have been awful at Napoli but shit manager? Keep cleaning them windows.

He's been awful at 3 out of 5 clubs since Liverpool (Inter, Real Madrid, Napoli). He's ended up in the championship because he's not at the level to manage at a top club anymore.

I can certainly understand why Newcastle fans like him but I'm not having this myth that he's one of the best managers in Europe.

9 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He's been awful at 3 out of 5 clubs since Liverpool (Inter, Real Madrid, Napoli). He's ended up in the championship because he's not at the level to manage at a top club anymore.

I can certainly understand why Newcastle fans like him but I'm not having this myth that he's one of the best managers in Europe.

Was hardly given a chance at Madrid and t was obvious his face didn't fit. Was hardly at Inter for long either and was having to live up to Mourinho's time there. Napoli he won a trophy so wouldn't say it's a complete failure personally but there you go, "awful" managers don't win trophies. 

I'm sure you don't need me to go into his time at Liverpool and Valencia, have a read of Dr Gonzo'a post on the last page.

You're entitled to your opinion but it's clouded by the fact you used to pretend to support Napoli and obviously dislike him because of that. His record speaks for it's self, he has won more trophies than the majority of managers and when he's been given time he's done well.

And as if he has ended up in the Championship because he isn't good enough for the top level hahaha. Look at the shock around the world when he agreed to stay on as our manager. 

Stick to telling everyone how great South American Football is.

9 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Was hardly given a chance at Madrid and t was obvious his face didn't fit. Was hardly at Inter for long either and was having to live up to Mourinho's time there. Napoli he won a trophy so wouldn't say it's a complete failure personally but there you go, "awful" managers don't win trophies. 

I'm sure you don't need me to go into his time at Liverpool and Valencia, have a read of Dr Gonzo'a post on the last page.

You're entitled to your opinion but it's clouded by the fact you used to pretend to support Napoli and obviously dislike him because of that. His record speaks for it's self, he has won more trophies than the majority of managers and when he's been given time he's done well.

Yes, Florentino Perez is an idiot. Things were not going well for him there though and it wasn't going to improve because he couldn't control the egos at Madrid like a top manager should do. Inter he didn't do well but the owner there is one of the most impatient in Italy but it was the beginning of Rafa's decline anyways. As for Napoli, he actually won 2 trophies but one was a glorified friendly and the other was a trophy won 2 years prior so it wasn't really a step forward which is what they hired him for. I made a whole post about what he did wrong.

You don't need to go into his time at Liverpool and Valencia but most of his success at those clubs came 12 years ago. Wenger went unbeaten with Arsenal and took them to a Champions League final. Both had their glory days. He WAS one of the top managers in Europe, I'm not denying that but again he ended up at Newcastle because he's simply not at the level to manage a top club anymore.

I dislike Rafa because of his attitude at Napoli. England seems to be his comfort zone. He should stick to managing there.

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yes, Florentino Perez is an idiot. Things were not going well for him there though and it wasn't going to improve because he couldn't control the egos at Madrid like a top manager should do. Inter he didn't do well but the owner there is one of the most impatient in Italy but it was the beginning of Rafa's decline anyways. As for Napoli, he actually won 2 trophies but one was a glorified friendly and the other was a trophy won 2 years prior so it wasn't really a step forward. I made a whole post about what he did wrong.

You don't need to go into his time at Liverpool and Valencia but most of his success at those clubs came 12 years ago. Wenger went unbeaten with Arsenal and took them to a Champions League final. Both had their glory days. He WAS one of the top managers in Europe, I'm not denying that but again he ended up at Newcastle because he's simply not at the level to manage a top club anymore.

I dislike Rafa because of his attitude at Napoli. England seems to be his comfort zone. He should stick to managing there.

So he was basically working under massive cunts at Madrid and Inter? Thanks for proving me correct there. And his face didn't fit at Madrid - due to his personality not exactly mixing well with the egotistical cunts in the dressing room? Brilliant. Watch Jamie Carragher's assessment of Rafa at Madrid and how it's obvious there was people above Rafa trying to pick the team and influence him which ultimately led to his down fall there. 

I don't see any evidence that he ended up at Newcastle because he isn't capable of managing a top club anymore. Apart from working under cunt owners at the two clubs mentioned where his face clearly didn't fit and winning a trophy at Napoli (poor fuckers), of course. As far as I can see Napoli is the only club where he has been given time that he hasn't done well at and he delivered a trophy there so I don't see any disasters on his CV. 

He has been linked to the Arsenal job and I think its a club he would do well at given time. If he is given the tools at us then we have potential to be up there as we have in the past. 

As I said your judgement is clouded.

Why don't you compare the difference between Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez at Real Madrid? Carlo was also unfairly sacked but even in his second season which was poor, he still did a better job than Benitez. If he can't control egos at a top club, is he a top manager? I wouldn't say so. Nothing was going to improve with him at Madrid. If he's one of the best managers in Europe, why doesn't his face fit at Real Madrid?

He was given time at Napoli and he failed. He actually did OK in his first season but it was seen on the pitch that he was tactically inept because he had some great players and an incredibly patient owner and he was bailed out several times. 

Lastly, winning trophies can improve your CV but it also depends on the prestige of it I'd say. Sackings can also hurt your CV.

Agree to disagree.

He's not been a "big" manager in Europe since 08/09. Since then he failed at Inter, managed a Chelsea side to 3rd and yeah he won the Europa with but it's not a big competition, Europe's Carling Cup. Won the Coppa Italia with Napoli but regressed the club's league position to finishing outside of the Champions League in a fairly weak league anyway and was sacked by Real.

He's more than qualified to manage Newcastle but it's been nearly a decade since he was fighting for top domestic honours, finishing second and winning the CL and getting to a semi-final, since then he's just chosen wrong job after wrong job and underachieved compared to what he done with Valencia and Liverpool.

15 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

So he was basically working under massive cunts at Madrid and Inter?

You can add Liverpool, as well to that list. He was shabbily treated by the owners, Gillett & Hicks. Absolute morons of the highest order.

@topic

Everyone underrates his achievement at Chelsea. He was subjected to absolute vitriol by the blues. The senior players were against him. And yet, he  won the Europa league.

If given the time and control to built teams (and academy), then most clubs would profit from his vast knowledge. People only have to listen to players that played under him. Even Xabi Alonso, who isn't exactly friendly with Rafa after the way things ended at LFC for him, values the tactical capability of the man and credits him for helping him to grow as a player. Same with Torres, Carra, Hamman, Reina, etc I could go on and on.

Newcastle have got a top man. If Ashley backs him (which I seriously doubt), then he will get that team sniffing around top 4 in few years time.

16 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You can add Liverpool, as well to that list. He was shabbily treated by the owners, Gillett & Hicks. Absolute morons of the highest order.

It'll happen with Newcastle as well, I'd imagine. 

Unfair owners seem to follow him around don't they? It's almost as if he's a problem as well. 

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

This LaSambadeStGermain chap seems like a bit of a cunt.

Been on another forum, he has a strong hatred for Rafa Benitez which he peddles down everyone's throats and any given chance for no reason, not realising that a) nobody cares and b) his argument is utter nonsense anyway.

Michael Carrick is having a new home built in the North East according to the Sun. 

Available on a free this summer. Get him signed up, could do a job for a year or two to find some stability.

And for his benefit he won't have to pay income tax or national insurance :ph34r:

Midget cunt and general all round toe rag Craig Bellamy has said on BEIN Sport

“There is a different challenge for players there now. The crowd will expect, they always do. You have to embrace it, there’s nothing wrong with that. Is it realistic? Of course it isn’t. They will go up not thinking about relegation or mid-table, they should be a Champions League club - they honestly believe that up there"

We honestly don't. Wanker.

On 30/04/2017 at 6:20 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Midget cunt and general all round toe rag Craig Bellamy has said on BEIN Sport

“There is a different challenge for players there now. The crowd will expect, they always do. You have to embrace it, there’s nothing wrong with that. Is it realistic? Of course it isn’t. They will go up not thinking about relegation or mid-table, they should be a Champions League club - they honestly believe that up there"

We honestly don't. Wanker.

Jason Cundy said something similar. Then went on to say the fans are unambitious for not careing about winning The Championship. Idiot.

Wasn't too bothered about winning the league because I love Chris Hughton and at one point we weren't even looking like getting promoted, done so well over the last three games.

Another trophy for Rafa.

Archived