talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Radja Nainggolan - Signs For Cagliari

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised at all. For someone that relies on his athleticism to play being a heavy smoker and drinker isn't indicative of a comitted player. On the wrong side of 30 and hasn't played as well as he used to for several seasons.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Radja Nainggolan - Transfer Listed By Inter
Cagliari confirm Nainggolan deal

Cagliari President Tommaso Giulini visited the Inter offices today and confirmed the deal for Radja Nainggolan is done.

Giulini was filmed by Sportitalia walking into the Nerazzurri HQ and was asked if the negotiations were concluded.

“I wouldn’t be here otherwise,” he replied.

Nainggolan had other offers, most notably from Fiorentina, but opted to follow his heart with a return to Sardinia.

He played there from 2010 to 2014 and his wife is from the area, so she is going to be close to her family during a difficult time.

It remains to be seen how much of the €4.5m salary Cagliari are taking on during the one-season loan, but it’s reported they are covering at least €3m.

Cagliari are making a splash on the transfer market this summer after selling Nicolò Barella to Inter, as they have already brought in Marko Rog from Napoli and Nahitan Nandez is expected later this week from Boca Juniors.

• The title was changed to Radja Nainggolan - Signs For Cagliari
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Bit of a drop down to Cagliari, with no disrespect to them. 

Yeah but Sardinia is lovely and Milan is just alright as far as Italy goes (probably my favourite country tbh), so upgrade on surroundings.

Well it's terrible for us, and I'll for sure miss him.  He was by far our best midfielder last season, and our only other good midfielder with Brozovic. Overall we lose at least 50m+ All because he's not in Conte's plans. 

All I can say is I hope we bring in a proper replacement. people in charge at inter been fucking up a lot for us recently. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

This may explain a lot. Can't knock him for the decision. Family always comes first.

Completely understand his decision given that context. If it's terminal or becomes terminal I'd expect him to retire almost immediately. 

On 03/08/2019 at 04:06, Stan said:

This may explain a lot. Can't knock him for the decision. Family always comes first.

Jesus I had no idea. 

Best of luck to their family then...I couldn't imagine...

• 1 year later...

Archived