The better place to talk football.

Nicolas Pépé - Lille to Arsenal Transfer Complete

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

View image on Twitter

Jimmy McCann@JamesMcCann74

Hearing that Lille forward Nicolas Pepe has snubbed a move to Man Utd in favour of joining Liverpool.
A deal has been agreed and talks are on going. The fee is believed to be around £68m. Expecting this one to be done very soon. Would be a fantastic signing for Liverpool. #LFC

8:08 AM - Jul 10, 2019

182 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Not sure how reliable this bloke is?

Never heard of him tbh

Also worth categorically saying now that Liverpool have absolutely no interest in Nicolas Pepe. For all the stories that are coming from the continent, it is not a deal that will be happening.

xD

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Also worth categorically saying now that Liverpool have absolutely no interest in Nicolas Pepe. For all the stories that are coming from the continent, it is not a deal that will be happening.

xD

Let's be honest, no one knows what's going on. No one had a clue about Fabinho last year until he signed. Liverpool had dropped their interest in Alisson at one point too.

28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Let's be honest, no one knows what's going on. No one had a clue about Fabinho last year until he signed. Liverpool had dropped their interest in Alisson at one point too.

Yep, you've just got to love silly season haha

• Subscriber

We've been linked with him today for £60m. Don't think we're realistically in contention with the other clubs that have apparently shown an interest, and I'm still not comfortable with us spending that much money on one player even if there is any truth to it.

I expect it's more a case of the media trying to turn a dumb rumour into a bigger story so they can try and push an Everton v Liverpool transfer narrative for a few extra clicks.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

We've been linked with him today for £60m. Don't think we're realistically in contention with the other clubs that have apparently shown an interest, and I'm still not comfortable with us spending that much money on one player even if there is any truth to it.

I expect it's more a case of the media trying to turn a dumb rumour into a bigger story so they can try and push an Everton v Liverpool transfer narrative for a few extra clicks.

Quote.thumb.png.5e28b599e0c000e598e87fed7836153b.png

Everton has expressed an interest in signing Lille forward Nicolas Pepe. The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international would cost the Toffees a club record fee of about £58.5m. (Telegraph)

• 3 weeks later...

Not entirely sure if this is true, but this has gained loads of traction over the past two days. Napoli, Inter Milan, Liverpool and Arsenal were apparently the 4 clubs really in for Pepe. I can only imagine Liverpool can't guarenteed him game time or don't really want to pay that sort of fee for a non-guarenteed starter. 

Seems we have blown Napoli out the water in terms of agent fees and personal terms. Would be a massive coup, Pepe excites me and he is still only 23. Rumours of the fee being around £70m.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.438e5e90ed154c260c28a2d7c60c5b61.png

Nicolas Pepe: Arsenal agree on £72m deal for Lille winger

Arsenal has reached an agreement with French club Lille to sign Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe in a deal worth 80m euros (£72m).

The Gunners will pay for the 24-year-old via a series of instalments that suit their restricted budget for this summer.

An agreement between Arsenal and Pepe's representatives still needs to be finalised.

But the transfer is expected to be completed in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Italian side Napoli also met Lille's asking price, but their proposal was rejected by the player's camp.

Pepe tends to operate on the right-wing and cut in on to his left foot, but can also be used as a striker in a 4-4-2 formation.

He scored 23 goals for Lille last season and satisfies Arsenal's need for a wide player with pace and high technical ability.

Arsenal offered £40m for Crystal Palace's Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zahaearlier this month, but their Premier League rivals value the player at about £80m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137976

I don't get this sudden fascination with Arsenal paying in installments, this is how most transfers are paid. It's only been recently when PSG signed Neymar that more upfront fees have been demanded

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don't get this sudden fascination with Arsenal paying in installments, this is how most transfers are paid. It's only been recently when PSG signed Neymar that more upfront fees have been demanded

That's very true.  Madrid paid the full fee upfront for Ronaldo,   but that was a rarity.   There is nothing wrong with instalments if they are spread over two or three years and you get a decent sum upfront.

• The title was changed to Nicolas Pepe - Arsenal Agree Deal for Lille Winger

Arsenal have a good attack as it is, I don’t know a lot about Pepe but he looks good from highlights and has good stats so this could be a step up for them in that respect.

But fuck me Arsenal need a quality centre back

• The title was changed to Nicolas Pépé - Lille to Arsenal Transfer Complete

Archived