talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nigel Adkins Leaves Hull City

football forum

• Administrator

HULL CITY CAN CONFIRM THAT HEAD COACH NIGEL ADKINS WILL LEAVE THE CLUB WHEN HIS CURRENT CONTRACT EXPIRES AT THE END OF THIS MONTH AFTER TURNING DOWN THE OFFER OF A NEW DEAL.

Assistant Head Coach Andy Crosby will also be leaving the KCOM Stadium.

In a statement, Nigel said: “I’d like to thank all the staff and players, and in particular Andy Crosby, my assistant, for the hard work, camaraderie, togetherness and support they have shown me and wish them all good luck with their future careers. The unity the supporters have shown with the staff and players has also been very special. The fantastic relationship I have had with the fans makes leaving extremely difficult. I will take with me very special memories from the past 18 months.”

The Club would like to place on record its thanks for all of the hard work and dedication Nigel and Andy have shown since joining in December 2017, steering the side to Championship safety in the first few months and then a 13th-place finish last season. We wish them both well for the future.

The search for Nigel’s successor is already underway.

@The Artful Dodger @Takyon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Steve Mcclaren being linked strongly, given he played for us I wouldn't put it past us. Darren Moore would be preferable.

Yep, I would go for him as he worked wonders at WBA and then got stabbed in the back and booted out for some strange reason.

Archived