• The title was changed to La Liga TV Rights for 2019/20
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

who knows many BT get it but doubt it

Wouldn't mind if they did. 

I have BT and not Sky (only SkyGo) so that would be my choice. If it stayed on free-to-air, even 1 game a week on ITV, that'd do as well. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wouldn't mind if they did. 

I have BT and not Sky (only SkyGo) so that would be my choice. If it stayed on free-to-air, even 1 game a week on ITV, that'd do as well. 

I pay for both sky and BT which is about £112 a month so I want to make the most when i'm paying so much.

47 minutes ago, Eco said:

I hope BeIN keeps it here in the States. We get all the matches, some second division matches, and I have it. 

The US rights to La Liga aren't up for sale mate. There's still four years running on that one and you'll be alright as far as I know.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

No English channel wants or gives a shit about it, it seems. 

That's why it ended up on some absolutely terrible channel that you can only watch via a pc last season. 

It's to do with the price they're selling it at by the sounds of it. I really do feel sorry for all those thatvhave followed La Liga for so long in the UK.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

It's to do with the price they're selling it at by the sounds of it. I really do feel sorry for all those thatvhave followed La Liga for so long in the UK.

The problem with the likes of sky also is that they are fighting so hard to keep the Premier League that they have given up on everything else.

It would be ideal if BT got the rights to be honest as they also have the Champions League and Europa league, which already makes them an attractable channel.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The problem with the likes of sky also is that they are fighting so hard to keep the Premier League that they have given up on everything else.

It would be ideal if BT got the rights to be honest as they also have the Champions League and Europa league, which already makes them an attractable channel.

And BT really need to bring back the European Football Show. Can't believe they got rid of it. Thought it was really popular.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

First ever LGBT tv program.  You were ahead of your time Stan mate. ;)

xD 

It was just a chance to watch some weird shit for free before it was easy to watch on a PC xD 

The other (sporting) programme I remember, on Channel 4 if I remember correctly, was TransWorldSport. Think it was on at like 7am in the morning.

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD 

It was just a chance to watch some weird shit for free before it was easy to watch on a PC xD 

The other (sporting) programme I remember, on Channel 4 if I remember correctly, was TransWorldSport. Think it was on at like 7am in the morning.

Yep... TransWorldSport I also remember. They never used to have a proper schedule so you really didn't know what they were going to show that particular day. They would have goals from around Europe after showing odd fringe sports... But like I said, sometimes they wouldn't have football at all and you'd be left rather pissed. xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep... TransWorldSport I also remember. They never used to have a proper schedule so you really didn't know what they were going to show that particular day. They would have goals from around Europe after showing odd fringe sports... But like I said, sometimes they wouldn't have football at all and you'd be left rather pissed. xD

Yep! It'd be some random ski-jumping highlights (I used to love watching that sport tbf) or some random hockey mishap.

Literally anything and everything sport-related could make the cut.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep! It'd be some random ski-jumping highlights (I used to love watching that sport tbf) or some random hockey mishap.

Literally anything and everything sport-related could make the cut.

A bit off the track but I remember when Satellite tv hit these shores and my dad was one of the first in the family's group of friends to have this. There used to be a sports channel called ScreenSport and they were bloody brilliant? FTV with Argentinian, German, Spanish and Dutch football live (I especially loved the Argentinian stuff)... Then came EuroSport a couple of years later and ScreenSport died with the advent of football rights going up for auction. I also remember watching some really weird sports on Europsports like in Scandinavia with their love of trucks trying to get up vertical mountains and always failing but it was all about who'd managed to get up the furthest. O.oxD

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The US rights to La Liga aren't up for sale mate. There's still four years running on that one and you'll be alright as far as I know.

Good to hear. I never keep up with TV rights so I wasnt sure. 

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Good to hear. I never keep up with TV rights so I wasnt sure. 

It's only because I read a report in May that ESPN had tried to pay the penalty involved in bEIn Sports having their rights ripped off them before the contract ending and bEIn threatened court action which would've dragged on and end up expensive. From what I understand ESPN will eventually end up with the rights in the US.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's only because I read a report in May that ESPN had tried to pay the penalty involved in bEIn Sports having their rights ripped off them before the contract ending and bEIn threatened court action which would've dragged on and end up expensive. From what I understand ESPN will eventually end up with the rights in the US.

Good. ESPN is cheaper, and does an excellent job with Serie A

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

You guys have Jorge Valdano as a pundit on bEIn in the US don't you?

He is the best football pundit ever.

Yes - and he is the best by far, but BeIn is hard to get here.

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

They actually have this English guy I love more, thought that it was who you were talking about. 

It must be on their Spanish language channel then. I don't know who the English guy is but Valdano has been praised for his punditry on bEIn.

Archived