talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga TV Rights for 2019/20

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Why is it hard to get? Isn't it on the US PPV network nationwide?

Well, its not carried by ATT Uverse and DirectTV which are two if the most popular cable providers. It used to not be on Xfinity, but I'm not sure anymore.

I get it from SlingTV which is a streaming service. It used to be like $40 a month, but now they have a service for just sports that is $10 a month.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Well, its not carried by ATT Uverse and DirectTV which are two if the most popular cable providers. It used to not be on Xfinity, but I'm not sure anymore.

I get it from SlingTV which is a streaming service. It used to be like $40 a month, but now they have a service for just sports that is $10 a month.

The system is quite complexed in the US. There should be a nationwide platform accessible to all via one singular modum  of service and from there each individual selects their preference.

Just now, SirBalon said:

The system is quite complexed in the US. There should be a nationwide platform accessible to all via one singular modum  of service and from there each individual selects their preference.

Yes, but it's not that way. So while there are maybe 10 cable providers, I am only allowed to select 1 or 2 in my neighborhood. Neither if those have BeIn.

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yes, but it's not that way. So while there are maybe 10 cable providers, I am only allowed to select 1 or 2 in my neighborhood. Neither if those have BeIn.

Does the accessibility work via States or is it just a provincial situation?

30 minutes ago, Eco said:

Provincial 

The States really are a beacon for autonomy which leaves one perplexed as to how anyone can muster a national identity. It's confusing from a European perspective but quite commendable.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The States really are a beacon for autonomy which leaves one perplexed as to how anyone can muster a national identity. It's confusing from a European perspective but quite commendable.

It is certainly backwards and made to avoid monopolies, which is a trigger word here in the States. 

Regardless, I'll be getting BeIN via SlingTV and watching La Liga like it's my new religion next year. 

:Spain:

• 1 month later...

But there’s no subscription portal for Bein Sports in the UK. I think the UK are the only European country that doesn’t have access to Bein Sports.

I may be talking out of my arse though because I haven’t subscribed to a UK source (except for Netflix which I have) in years.

I just opened my Eleven Sports app which I subscribed to last season for when I’m out and about and want to watch a game and they continue to be updating all the latest La Liga stuff which is weird if they haven’t got the rights for next season in the UK.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If you have a smart tv, Get Sling TV and upgrade to have BeIn sports. 

I absolutely hate BeIn Sports. 

I wish with Sling - that you could just subscribe to the beIn sports channels without having to also subsribe to one of their Orange or Blue packages. 

I thought La Liga was fairly stupid with the Eleven Sport deal last year, effectively minimising their reach in the UK, but now to be a couple of weeks out from the season and having no deal at all...

How they don't have these deals tied up years in advance is incomprehensible to me. 

2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I thought La Liga was fairly stupid with the Eleven Sport deal last year, effectively minimising their reach in the UK, but now to be a couple of weeks out from the season and having no deal at all...

How they don't have these deals tied up years in advance is incomprehensible to me. 

From everything I've been reading it seems the LFP are indifferent about the UK market although obviously they'd like there to be a deal. La Liga is sold seamlessly around Europe and the markets they profit from presently at a massive amount are the American markets (north, central and south) and Asia. It seems the only problem they've had is the UK platform.

17 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Too many different channels are showing football now and if you're the type who wanted to keep up with various leagues then you're subscribing to up to 4/5 channels. 

There's some conspiracies I am willing to entertain mate because it's not just here in the UK where this "phenomenon" is occuring.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There's some conspiracies I am willing to entertain mate because it's not just here in the UK where this "phenomenon" is occuring.

The thing is, we can all (rightfully, as they are cunts) diss sky, but they did a good job of La Liga and it was much more popular among English football fans. They also did a good job of the Champs league and we could watch it all on one package, it was ideal.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Don't forget to cancel your Eleven Sports subscription if you had it last season, otherwise you'll be charged for another year. Just cancelled mine.

Thanks for the reminder - I see they were going to bill me on the 23rd. Had completely forgotten 

Archived