talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga TV Rights for 2019/20

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dan said:

It's a start but just one game a week, surely that's going to be bettered...

Would it not be possible for ITV to offer a red button type of service? If so, they could potentially air most games if they wanted and people would watch it if it was advertised well enough as it's free football.

The only reason they never did so with Eleven Sports is because it's some small time crappy internet streaming service and people aren't going to subscribe to it. If it's already on a service they have, then they will watch it, just as many did when it was on Sky.

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Would it not be possible for ITV to offer a red button type of service? If so, they could potentially air most games if they wanted and people would watch it if it was advertised well enough as it's free football.

The only reason they never did so with Eleven Sports is because it's some small time crappy internet streaming service and people aren't going to subscribe to it. If it's already on a service they have, then they will watch it, just as many did when it was on Sky.

Would it be value for money for them though? Not only the initial outlay for the coverage, but then actually producing the games being shown.

La Liga has messed this completely, but if they are 'indifferent' to the UK it's their own doing.

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would love if BT Sport picked it up again.

Guessing there just isn't the demand for it even with Ronaldo there hence them stopping the coverage before.

Are you talking about Serie 'A' mate?

I watch a hell of a lot of of Serie 'A' as I find it really entertaining although the championship is destroyed by the disparity Juventus have with everyone else.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Are you talking about Serie 'A' mate?

I watch a hell of a lot of of Serie 'A' as I find it really entertaining although the championship is destroyed by the disparity Juventus have with everyone else.

Yeah not sure why though. For some reason thought I saw mention of Italy or Sky Italia xD

But either way. if BT Sport could pick up La Liga that'd be great!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah not sure why though. For some reason thought I saw mention of Italy or Sky Italia xD

But either way. if BT Sport could pick up La Liga that'd be great!

For those that miss La Liga on SKY, yeah. BT Sports is a platform that has almost as many subscribers as SKY and it would be a great solution. But if ITV decided to compete it would be the best thing providing they do it properly. It's an established national tv station.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Premier Sports have bought a package and also to provide a La Liga TV channel on their service... 

This is good news for British viewers that want to watch La Liga because as far as I'm aware you can download their app and subscribe direct without having to already have a platform such as Virgin, Sky or BT.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is good news for British viewers that want to watch La Liga because as far as I'm aware you can download their app and subscribe direct without having to already have a platform such as Virgin, Sky or BT.

Hmm, it's good if you have a subscription with Premier Sports already included in it.

Looking on their website, though, it costs £11.99/m to add it to any current Sky Package.

If you don't have Sky, it's £11.99/m to install Premier Sports Player and watch sports there via the app.

There's not even anything on their site about BT subscription. 

You can download the app for free but watching the sports you have to subscribe which is another monthly cost on top of any current TV subscription someone might have. It's another £144/year (or £89 if you pay annually)

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hmm, it's good if you have a subscription with Premier Sports already included in it.

Looking on their website, though, it costs £11.99/m to add it to any current Sky Package.

If you don't have Sky, it's £11.99/m to install Premier Sports Player and watch sports there via the app.

There's not even anything on their site about BT subscription. 

You can download the app for free but watching the sports you have to subscribe which is another monthly cost on top of any current TV subscription someone might have. It's another £144/year (or £89 if you pay annually)

It's extortionate here in the UK. Canal+ Spain costs me €35 per month but I get practically all the leagues that matter to me plus some other extra channels which to be honest I don't use as I'm not really a tv person at all aside from football. I prefer the radio.

What I can't do with my Canal+ Spain subscription is use their app abroad due to rights. My subscription is registered to my address in Spain and it doesn't let me view La Liga games on devices abroad. I can watch it all on my tv at home because it thinks I'm in Spain but the moment I open the app here in London or wherever outside Spain, it tells me it's not permitted. So this is why I require a subscription here and for me it fits in well because I don't have to subscribe to a platform in the same vein as last season with Eleven Sports. £89 isn't that much for me because the only tv platform I subscribe to in the UK is Netflix. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's extortionate here in the UK. Canal+ Spain costs me €35 per month but I get practically all the leagues that matter to me plus some other extra channels which to be honest I don't use as I'm not really a tv person at all aside from football. I prefer the radio.

What I can't do with my Canal+ Spain subscription is use their app abroad due to rights. My subscription is registered to my address in Spain and it doesn't let me view La Liga games on devices abroad. I can watch it all on my tv at home because it thinks I'm in Spain but the moment I open the app here in London or wherever outside Spain, it tells me it's not permitted. So this is why I require a subscription here and for me it fits in well because I don't have to subscribe to a platform in the same vein as last season with Eleven Sports. £89 isn't that much for me because the only tv platform I subscribe to in the UK is Netflix. 

That's all well and good but you said it's good for British viewers who want to watch La Liga.

It's not necessarily the case as it's not a free service even if they already subscribe to Sky or Virgin. It's another additional cost on top of that.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's all well and good but you said it's good for British viewers who want to watch La Liga.

It's not necessarily the case as it's not a free service even if they already subscribe to Sky or Virgin. It's another additional cost on top of that.

Well it was never going to en up being free mate and you know that. Football rights are very expensive and I would expect that Premier Sports have had to pay a decent amount for this. But you are right in the end... If you count a platform subscription, then this is indeed an additional cost.

Archived