The better place to talk football.

Group D - Matchday 1

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

England vs Scotland today at 5pm.

Lot of hype and attention here in the lead up to this, understandably. Think in relative terms the Scottish women's side gives the respective English side more of a battle than the men's team would.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think that's harsh, her arm was facing the same way as the direction of play, it's hard for people to keep their arms down there.

I think it was a penalty under the new rules but it does seem harsh. It means players have to have their hand behind their back to avoid a penalty

Just now, Eco said:

2-0 

Scotland look bad. 

I disagree. I think they have been very impressive. But they have made a few costly mistakes

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I disagree. I think they have been very impressive. But they have made a few costly mistakes

I wouldn't say 'very impressive'.

England have been the much better side. I've not seen Scotland have much of the ball or threaten much. England well on top.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't been impressed with Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I wouldn't say 'very impressive'.

England have been the much better side. I've not seen Scotland have much of the ball or threaten much. England well on top.

They were good up until the goal. They are playing as well as they can but England are fitter and better so it is hard for them.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Maybe so - I missed the first 10 minutes with the French Open finishing up. 

They were very aggressive and in England's face up untill the goal. England are much better but Scotland are doing their best which is all you can ask

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The amount of individual errors in Women's Football is farcical.

Yeah - I noticed a ton of errors in today's matches. Most recently being Scotland's goal which was gifted by the English CB who had a lazy pass right to them. 

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The amount of individual errors in Women's Football is farcical.

The grass roots is much better and much more invested in. A lot more men play football. Hardly surprising there is a big gap in quality

Archived