talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Take UEFA To Court Again

Manchester City take UEFA to Court of Arbitration for Sport Although no charges have been brought against Manchester City, City have struck first 

Manchester City have asked the Court of Arbitration for Sport to throw out the financial fair play case that has been brought against them by European football's governing body UEFA

The surprise move represents a pre-emptive strike as the FFP case has not yet even been heard by the relevant body at UEFA, the adjudicatory chamber of its Club Financial Control Board.

Last month, the head of the CFCB's investigatory arm Yves Leterme decided the Premier League Champions and domestic quad winners do have a case to answer

and it is understood that he has recommended they be banned from European club competition for at least a season.

There was never any doubt that City would have appealed against any such sanction at CAS but the club have now decided they are not going to wait for that.

In a statement, sport's highest court said: "The Court of Arbitration for Sport has registered an appeal filed by Manchester City Football Club against the Union of European Football Associations.

"The appeal is filed against decisions taken by the Investigatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body regarding MCFC's alleged non-compliance with UEFA's Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

"An arbitration procedure will now be initiated and will involve an exchange of written submissions between the parties while a panel of CAS arbitrators is convened to hear the appeal.

"Once the panel has been formally constituted, it will issue a procedural calendar. It is not possible to say at this time when the arbitral award for this matter will be issued."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Man City Take UEFA To Court Again

What I'm surprised at (because I've been following these cases really closely) is how PSG have managed to get away with all of this. I remember reading a tweet from a QC stating this same fact and I would expect City will be dragging a few clubs with them in this last gasp attempt and rightly so. There HAS to be consistency.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What I'm surprised at (because I've been following these cases really closely) is how PSG have managed to get away with all of this. I remember reading a tweet from a QC stating this same fact and I would expect City will be dragging a few clubs with them in this last gasp attempt and rightly so. There HAS to be consistency.

Both PSG and Man City will know exactly what cheques to put in which pockets to make it all go away. At worst they'll have to pay a hefty fine, or one that we'd deem hefty but is basically meaningless for these two outfits. I'll be absolutely amazed if you see any competitive sanctions implemented whether that be points deductions or disqualification from UEFA competitions for a season or more.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Both PSG and Man City will know exactly what cheques to put in which pockets to make it all go away. At worst they'll have to pay a hefty fine, or one that we'd deem hefty but is basically meaningless for these two outfits. I'll be absolutely amazed if you see any competitive sanctions implemented whether that be points deductions or disqualification from UEFA competitions for a season or more.

The Man City case is very vague and hard to ascertain where they broke the rules although it's evident they have. But with PSG it was evident even for a primary school maths lesson where the numbers were all over the place and on top of that breaking a further strict rule of a state financing a football club which is a very big no no. They got away with it and no questions were permitted from journalists in their press release (no press conference was issued)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The Man City issue is very vague and hard to ascertain where they broke the rules although it's evident they have. But with PSG it was evident even for a primary school maths lesson where the numbers were all over the place and on top of that breaking a further strict rule of a state financing a football club which is a very big no no. They got away with it and no questions were permitted from journalists in their press release (no press conference was issued)

Predictable as anything mate. PSG and City will get away with murder but if you saw a team like Arsenal, Dortmund or Napoli breaking FFP rules or whatever, UEFA would smash them because they're big enough to make an example of but not big enough that UEFA are scared of them like they are of the Arabic state teams.

39 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Man City case is very vague and hard to ascertain where they broke the rules although it's evident they have. But with PSG it was evident even for a primary school maths lesson where the numbers were all over the place and on top of that breaking a further strict rule of a state financing a football club which is a very big no no. They got away with it and no questions were permitted from journalists in their press release (no press conference was issued)

I know you worship at the altar of Guardiola's bald dome but this is fanciful stuff. Manchester City's criminality is brazen, their horrific sponsorship was so blatant I'm amazed they had the audacity to do it.

It doesn't take away from Guardiola's achievements, he's still a wonderful coach, he is no responsible for the crimes of his employers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2019 at 01:29, Happy Blue said:

Unlucky guys, the only people that are going to get in trouble here are UEFA ..they have nothing on us

It's all falling apart mate... soon to be out of the CL, then Pep will start having second thoughts, players won't want to join the club and then the owners will all soon start getting raided once Platini folds and drops everyone in it for bungs and what not... no one will be safe 

On 24/06/2019 at 16:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t want them to get banned because they’ll just focus on the league. But perhaps drop them to the Europa League for 20 years if they finish in CL spots. Maybe rename the club as well

6 season transfer ban and maybe a stadium closure for all home games wouldn't be too harsh either... 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2276552a1cf850db3d55c96e2345a6fd.png

Financial Fair Play: Manchester City lose appeal to Cas over Uefa investigation

Manchester City have failed in an initial bid to have the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) halt Uefa's investigation into a possible breach of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

City have been referred to Uefa's financial watchdog, the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) and if found guilty could face a Champions League ban.

Cas said City's appeal was "inadmissible" at this stage because the CFCB has not yet determined what, if any, punishment would be applied if they were found guilty.

The club, who deny wrongdoing, had argued that Uefa did not have the authority to bring an FFP case against them.

Uefa launched an investigation after German newspaper Der Spiegel published leaked documents alleging City had inflated the value of a multimillion-pound sponsorship deal, misleading European football's governing body.

Reports alleged City deliberately misled Uefa so they could meet FFP rules requiring clubs to break even.

The FA Cup winners were fined £49m in 2014 for a previous breach of regulations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50435304

21 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.2276552a1cf850db3d55c96e2345a6fd.png

Financial Fair Play: Manchester City lose appeal to Cas over Uefa investigation

Manchester City have failed in an initial bid to have the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) halt Uefa's investigation into a possible breach of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

City have been referred to Uefa's financial watchdog, the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) and if found guilty could face a Champions League ban.

Cas said City's appeal was "inadmissible" at this stage because the CFCB has not yet determined what, if any, punishment would be applied if they were found guilty.

The club, who deny wrongdoing, had argued that Uefa did not have the authority to bring an FFP case against them.

Uefa launched an investigation after German newspaper Der Spiegel published leaked documents alleging City had inflated the value of a multimillion-pound sponsorship deal, misleading European football's governing body.

Reports alleged City deliberately misled Uefa so they could meet FFP rules requiring clubs to break even.

The FA Cup winners were fined £49m in 2014 for a previous breach of regulations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50435304

That headline is misleading  ..Uefa have found no wrong doing so zero charges to appeal at this moment

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

That headline is misleading  ..Uefa have found no wrong doing so zero charges to appeal at this moment

That's because they haven't been able to look at the books. Why would city hide them if they had nothing to hide? 

• Subscriber
On 09/06/2019 at 15:17, The Artful Dodger said:

I know you worship at the altar of Guardiola's bald dome but this is fanciful stuff. Manchester City's criminality is brazen, their horrific sponsorship was so blatant I'm amazed they had the audacity to do it.

It doesn't take away from Guardiola's achievements, he's still a wonderful coach, he is no responsible for the crimes of his employers.

:rofl:

32 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

More lies, everything has been explained to Uefa, they can not find any wrong doing!

That's not true. Uefa were denied access to certain documents. City lost and now they have to show them the documents.

21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

When you try and appeal against an organisation that hasn’t yet brought charges against you, you’re deffo hiding something xD

That's appears to be obvious to everybody apart from happyblue. The again he thinks there is a world wide conspiracy against city so that is hardly surprising.

They can appeal this like they are appealing the referee against us. 

What a shithouse club. I didn't used to mind them but they have become the appitamy of plastic. 

That bald fuck in charge of the squad can also fuck off. Chequebook manager, not a patch on Klopp!

• Subscriber

They'll worm their way out of it and UEFA will turn their attention back to smaller, easier targets to make it look like they're doing something while City and PSG continue to get away with murder ultimately achieving the exact opposite of what FFP was brought in for.

Archived