The better place to talk football.

Tom Hardy

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 4/25/2017 at 7:07 PM, Spike said:

Overrated actor. Only praised because he can put on shitty growly voice and he gets his cock out in every other film.

His job on Peaky Blinders as Alfie is my favourite hes done. Il agree to disagree on the overrated part, i think he deserves all the praise. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

His job on Peaky Blinders as Alfie is my favourite hes done. Il agree to disagree on the overrated part, i think he deserves all the praise. 

I wasn't really serious.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Pure filth, you have spent too much time around Brits on here :ph34r:

Indeed, you destroyed my innocence, you perverted bastards :$

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Tom Hardy to star as Venom in coup for Sony's resurgent Spider-Man franchise

DANVE32U0AAJaX4.thumb.jpg.039217a3dd5a41bc1782c846f308deb1.jpg

Anyone can top Topher Grace if they do that role. I didn't think he was a great Bane honestly after reading so much of the source his rendition came off as a preaching Bane instead of the action-oriented, drug jacked up crazy one from the books.

What a shame that Sony keeps ruining the Spiderman franchise by focusing on all the wrong villains instead of the ones that make the comics much better. The casting for the Vulture looks promising and talks about a Carnage cameo in subsequent movies by Marvel is a good thing for the franchise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Pow right in the feelers.

Tom wrote a very heartfelt letter about his dog i came accross:

"The world for me was a better place with him in it and by my side...

“To the bestest friend ever. To me and to a family who loved him beyond words and whom he loved without doubt more than I have ever known. Woody was the bestest of journey companions we ever could dream of having. Our souls intertwined forever.”

In an online message to his fans on the Tom Hardy Dot Org Tumblr page, Hardy said his dog died earlier this week “after a very hard and short six month battle” with polymyositis, an inflammatory muscle disorder.

“He was only age six. He was far too young to leave us and we at home are devastated by his loss. I am ultimately grateful for his loyal companionship and love and it is of some great comfort that he is no longer suffering,” he said.

“He was special bro, a shining example of man’s best friend. He burnt very very bright and those that burn very bright sometimes burn half as long.

“Thank you Woody for choosing to find us. We will love you and be with you and you with us forever. Never ever ever forgotten. Your boy Tom xxx I love you beyond words. To the moon and back again and again. To infinity and beyond.”

Hardy’s first dog, Max, died several years ago. The actor signed off his message: “Run with Max now and the angels. I will see you when I get there. With all of me I love you. Always. Thank you for your love beautiful boy.”

Hardy rarely talks about his private life but said it was an unusual circumstance because “Woody affected so many people in his own right”.

He found the dog while he was in Atlanta, Georgia, in 2011 filming Lawless with Jessica Chastain.

Driving one night, he saw the dog running towards the highway in the dark.

“I watched this thing running towards the highway in the pitch black making good speed towards the cars and lorries and I remember seeing what were its floppy ears bouncing towards the traffic. The dog’s had it, I thought.”

He parked up and ran out of the car. Not having a name to shout out, he whistled - and the puppy stopped and ran towards him.

“It was a very small bundle literally sagging from its neck fur with two big brown eyes staring into mine. Terrified and utterly quiet. When I got back to the car and sat in my seat he lay on my shoulder and fell asleep."

He drove straight to a pet shop to buy him toys, a lead and a collar. Hardy christened him Woodstock, took him on the Lawless set and left him with Chastain's family before returning to pick him up and take him back to the UK.

“He hadn’t forgotten me… he heard my whistle again and turned and ran at me and didn’t look back,” Hardy said.

“He was an angel. And he was my best friend. We went through so much together. Charlotte [Hardy’s wife] worked tirelessly with him to get him through a rough case of separation anxiety. He loved her like his mum. And when she was pregnant he guarded her fiercely.”

Woody was voted the 73rd most influential animal by Time magazine, beating Jaws (“something we all thought was brilliant”) and had a cameo in Peaky Blinders.

He also appeared on television recently with Hardy when the actor read the CBeebies Bedtime Story. Hardy is passionate about rescue dogs, joining Paul O'Grady at Battersea Dogs Home to film the ITV series For The Love of Dogs.

63c51de6535a2792b07c47e4a24595ce.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 2/13/2018 at 07:25, Tommy said:

And? Did you watch it?

It took longer then I'd hoped but i got around to watching it finally. Its hard to love Tom anymore then I already do but he was terrific as expected. Very different movie but I have to say i was invested I cared and was rooting for him at the edge of my seat.

Archived