talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Fixtures 2019/20

• Administrator

Released 13th June at 9am.

Who do you want to start with - get a big team out of the way first? A lower-league/promoted team?

Home or away to begin?

*insert post about playing every team twice in the season at some point*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Really not arsed, have to play everyone at some point. 

A 6-0 win against West Ham would be funny like.

Are you still on 'shut the club down' vibes if you play a promoted side and don't win?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst you always like dragging that out of context, would you be happy to take a draw against a lower league side (which is what Leicester were at the time?).

I didn't think so.

What's out of context? They were literally your words xD 

Having a terrible run of results can be difficult to recover from which will just extend that terrible run. Having a difficult run of fixtures only increases that possibility so I definitely don't think how the fixtures line up is irrelevant. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

City vs Liverpool last day of the season would be cool if the race is anything like this past season.

Nah, City vs Utd and Liverpool vs Everton (or another derby) usually on same day so that won't be saved for last day of the season. 

• Subscriber
On 10/06/2019 at 14:50, Pep Talk said:

City vs Liverpool last day of the season would be cool if the race is anything like this past season.

They won't allow that anymore. Sky have too much of a huge erection for showing split screen football and fans on the blower following scores from the other ground so they won't allow two big guns to play each other on the last day in case it turns out to be a title decider.

If anyone can be arsed, go and look up the last season where two of Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea played each other on the last day. The probability of them all avoiding each other on the same weekend if it's done completely at random is 52% so really if it actually is random you should be seeing a clash between two of these sides on the last day about half of the time.

• Subscriber
On 10/06/2019 at 08:42, True Blue said:

For some reason we usually get a tough ending of the season, and usually a pretty easy start. Think we will have the same this time around.

You've had us on the final day in two of the past three years. I prefer not to speak.

• Subscriber

Guarantees:

No all top six games on the final day of the season.

At least two of the Merseyside Derby, Manchester Derby and North London derby fall on the same weekend in December.

At least one weekend will see three teams in red play against teams in blue, consequently all three are moved to the Sunday for Sky's "red v blue" treble header. Bournemouth get fined for wearing their away kit at Chelsea.

Leicester will have Man City in our final away game.

Leicester will be the first game of the new season, on Friday night, and will lose.

• Subscriber

In all seriousness I always get a bit of a buzz for fixture day. I can't really explain why but I do. I guess you start planning everything.

My ideal situation is we're at home on boxing day, we kick off with a home game we should win, shite aways like West Ham and Man City end up the midweeks, the likes of Sheffield United, Aston Villa etc... away fall on good weekends.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Leaked on Twitter villa v Leicester on The Sunday. 

Norwich away @ Spurs

B279CB7B-6C9E-461E-B5B8-22BBF85C8505.jpeg

Didn't have you down as one to fall for that mate.

So much wrong with it:

- Bad photoshop in TV logos
- BT Sport have the 12.30pm Saturday game now/Sky Sports have the 17.30 game
- TV fixtures aren't announced straight away

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Didn't have you down as one to fall for that mate.

So much wrong with it:

- Bad photoshop in TV logos
- BT Sport have the 12.30pm Saturday game now/Sky Sports have the 17.30 game
- TV fixtures aren't announced straight away

I’m rusty I couldn’t say I’ve followed the league for 3 years tbh

Archived