• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Fixtures 2019/20

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Amazon have all the Boxing Day games? Also this must be the first time all games from a round of fixtures are on television?

Not a bad idea for a neutral of the Premier League! 

In terms of the first round of fixtures, think I'm going to try and get to the Leicester match. Need to start somewhere on my 92!

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Bet Amazon don't keep their 30-day free trial going into December.

I bet they only make it available for paid members and not available on the trial.

• Subscriber

IMG_20190613_165754.thumb.jpg.0cf3a37ed835e0ac9dfc9fdb53b350de.jpg

Ready for this to backfire spectacularly but I'm pretty pleased with our fixtures. A lot of winnable fixtures at the start and at the end. The biggest concern is having to play Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Arsenal in a row right before the Christmas period which could seriously fuck us around. Also got Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool in a row again in Feb/Mar.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Redraw please.

Someone's not put our name in the machine.

Just done the redraw. 

You have Stoke, Derby & Birmingham as your first 3.

• Subscriber

Fixtures have fallen very well for us, and me personally.

It's a tricky opening pair but not an impossible one either. I think we've caught Wolves and Chelsea at good times - with Wolves almost certainly coming off the back of a Europa League game (this is assuming someone on a level like finishing 3rd in Macedonia doesn't knock them out) and then Chelsea coming off the back of the Super Cup in the midweek leading up to it. On the flip side, I think dropping points to a rival like Wolves would be a real blow so it's quite a big early game for us.

We've not got a single run all season of more than two top six sides in a row which is a plus.

We've got a bastard of a Christmas though with Man City and Liverpool on the spin, that's the testing period.

Not a single midweek away game which I didn't even realise was allowed.

Newcastle away NYD, hotel already sorted.

Specifically wanted a dour home game on 19th October. Got Burnley at home.

Not a single game I can't make as it stands. Really chuffed. Worked out right.

57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

For all those crying about Amazon, how about you just go the game and stop being such armchair fans? 

Just a thought.

Yes because everyone who follows a football team has the chance to go to every game home and away.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Not a bad idea for a neutral of the Premier League! 

In terms of the first round of fixtures, think I'm going to try and get to the Leicester match. Need to start somewhere on my 92!

It's highly likely to be Sunday 12pm by the way.

• Subscriber

This Amazon thing is just yet another where the fans will lose. Yet another subscription is a piss-take.

English fans get the most abysmal deal and so many aren't even aware of it.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dan said:

We've got a bastard of a Christmas though with Man City and Liverpool on the spin, that's the testing period.

Not a single midweek away game which I didn't even realise was allowed.

Newcastle away NYD, hotel already sorted.

Specifically wanted a dour home game on 19th October. Got Burnley at home.

What's the odds we get to quarters of League Cup and play Man City again in December xD

Fixtures fallen very nicely as well for me - holiday in August, Sept and October and miss no home games. Going to 3 NFL games in London in October as well and miss no home games then either, somehow! 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It's highly likely to be Sunday 12pm by the way.

Or Monday night? 

Everton first. Given they'll probably win the transfer window again it could be the worst time to play them.

December is going to be a massive month for us. Given how fickle modern football is it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new manager just before then for the managerial effect.

Regarding Amazon, I'm not too bothered just because Amazon Prime is awesome and Sky is a massive rip off. However a PL service that works like the NFL, Disney, WWE services is the way forwards. The £10-£15 a month across the world would make them a fortune. Companies like Amazon are using football as a pawn to sucker in a generation to think Amazon us a part of every day life and that cannot be good long term for a sport.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:43, Cannabis said:

For all those crying about Amazon, how about you just go the game and stop being such armchair fans? 

Just a thought.

You really do live in a world of your own. 

Archived