talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is 2019 going as planned?

football forum

• Subscriber

Most make plans during 2018 for the following year, have you or are you achieving what you set out, for the year? Or have you given up, and just going with the flow?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Things going well and as planned, for sure.

My course to get an official qualification through work is going as planned (3 out of 5 modules passed so far, 2 left).

Found myself a girlfriend who I can genuinely see spending the rest of my life with.

Saving a lot of money, as intended, for future since moving back home.

Holidays and trips planned for the rest of the year (Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Valencia, Mallorca, Cardiff). 

Can't really complain right now.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

People that make new years resolutions are destined to fail. Make a resolution now, not wait until the end of the year to change.

Not on about plans to lose a few pounds or cut down on chocolate lol.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

My course to get an official qualification through work is going as planned (3 out of 5 modules passed so far, 2 left).

Found myself a girlfriend who I can genuinely see spending the rest of my life with.

Holidays and trips planned for the rest of the year (Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Valencia, Mallorca, Cardiff). 

You planning on moving back to India?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm not sure what in that post suggested that, but no xD 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Yeah, after living away from home for a few years, I moved back to my parents home (also in UK) in September last year. 

I've never lived in India.

My new years resolution was to become a morning person. Wake up early doors, and bed by 10pm.

I have failed miserably but by necessity. I need to stay up to 12am to dream free the baby so the wife gets a nice fullish night of sleep. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I really wouldn't put Cardiff in the same bracket as those mentioned. xD

It's not, but it's a long weekend me and the missus are having in November cos we're seeing Jack Whitehall there (more her preference than mine and it's close to where she lives...)

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not, but it's a long weekend me and the missus are having in November cos we're seeing Jack Whitehall there (more her preference than mine and it's close to where she lives...)

Oh really? :D

29 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How is Cardiff as a City? Are the people happy like Northern people, or miserable like Londoners?

I'd probably say more towards the North, though that's just me. 

• Subscriber

I'd say 2019 is on track.

Still got a few more career things to sort out to be completely happy.

Romantically, I was taking a break for a few months and now I'm dating a really nice girl so things are looking up there.

Wanted to start to eat a bit better and be a bit more fitter by going to the gym for the first time ever and I've been going at least twice a week since I started that and my eating is a lot better.

44 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I'd say 2019 is on track.

Still got a few more career things to sort out to be completely happy.

Romantically, I was taking a break for a few months and now I'm dating a really nice girl so things are looking up there.

Wanted to start to eat a bit better and be a bit more fitter by going to the gym for the first time ever and I've been going at least twice a week since I started that and my eating is a lot better.

Any pics ?

• Subscriber

It's turning out to be a year of changes for me; made some big decisions so I'm in the middle of it now and some more are ahead so I'm not sure how and where I'll end up at at the end of the year. I never really make plans anyway; just rough outlines; then set it to action and just take things as they come. 

Yeah - 

So I'm a planner, like to have a solid plan of where I want to be, and the steps needed to get there. 

So far, I'd say that I'm pretty happy. One thing I wanted out of this year was a promotion, and turns out that I am getting a new job that is 100% remote, and much better benefits and fewer hours. I also had the plan on taking language classes, which realistically is impossible in my current role, but my next job will allow me to do it. 

Wife and kid are both happy and healthy so that's been great. We real disasters, but this 2nd half of 2019 will be crazy with the new job, spending a week in New Orleans for a bachelor's party, spending a week in Detroit for a wedding, and my wife is hosting 3 baby showers

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's turning out to be a year of changes for me; made some big decisions so I'm in the middle of it now and some more are ahead so I'm not sure how and where I'll end up at at the end of the year. I never really make plans anyway; just rough outlines; then set it to action and just take things as they come. 

Given you took a long journey back on a whisky-filled flight, is one change moving back to Europe?

Regarding the last bit - likewise. Not a fan of rigid plans because there's always potential that things out of your control can impede you on the way and then you feel like you've failed if that thing stopped you from reaching your plan, even though you couldn't do anything about it. 

I have goals/targets both short-term & long-term but I don't like to set rigid time-frames on them and more of a person that will do things when I'm ready and comfortable in doing so. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Given you took a long journey back on a whisky-filled flight, is one change moving back to Europe?

Honestly don't know yet. I had to take a trip back this year for different reasons one way or another; will be certainly staying for a few months now that I'm here but I'm still undecided what I'm going to do after that. Have quite a few different options in terms of living and working so I'll have to make up my mind sooner or later... Don't think I'm willing to stay in Europe long-term though.

On 09/06/2019 at 12:40, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I really wouldn't put Cardiff in the same bracket as those mentioned.

I know what you mean, It's like saying I want to visit The Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Then go and watch the Northern Lights in Alaska followed by a Trip to the great big 213ft Rubbish Pile in India.. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I never really make plans anyway; just rough outlines; then set it to action and just take things as they come. 

I am the same, tend to wing it mostly and then roll with it... 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I know what you mean, It's like saying I want to visit The Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Then go and watch the Northern Lights in Alaska followed by a Trip to the great big 213ft Rubbish Pile in India.. 

That rubbish pile has taken years. Don't knock it. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yeah, I think being flexible in how you move towards your goals is important as it helps avoid a lot of unnecessary stress, frustration and disappointments. 

The biggest thing that I've got on my plate for this year is this fucking wedding coming up. It's a real pain in the arse tbh and I can't figure out why it's so fucking expensive to get married but apparently that's just how it is. Other than that I've been on the hunt for a new job, but I'm not going to leave my current position that I'm pretty happy in unless I get the right sort of offer (the right money, right position, right part of the Bay Area because fuck the abysmal commutes there) and so far that hasn't come about yet after a fuckton of interviews this year.

So it's sort of going as planned, sort of not.

Archived