• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is 2019 going as planned?

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

2019 is going pretty well. I started sometime mid last year saying that I wanted to be more conscious of my time and spend less time stressing about work and putting more time into my personal life and its worked out pretty well. I didn't want to make a drastic change as that would have been catastrophic on both fronts so I eased into it and now I am at a place where I think its a healthy balance of both. It got to a point in 2018, and I am sure others have had this issue too, where no matter how much you did at work it just seemed to always bleed over and then you kind of get burned out. Thankfully, I weathered the storm and have a system in place now. 

I've said I'll get started on a new job somewhere towards the end of this year but that's really all dependent on how I feel once I get there so I am not rushing into anything. I find that making a definitive plan around things you want to achieve only when the tangible goals are short-term. E.g. want to learn an instrument or want to get some work done. But if its things that are more long-term like health, time management, work-life balance having a plan really just doesn't work for me and I'd rather do it in phases and adjust as required.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

2019 is going pretty well. I started sometime mid last year saying that I wanted to be more conscious of my time and spend less time stressing about work and putting more time into my personal life and its worked out pretty well. I didn't want to make a drastic change as that would have been catastrophic on both fronts so I eased into it and now I am at a place where I think its a healthy balance of both. It got to a point in 2018, and I am sure others have had this issue too, where no matter how much you did at work it just seemed to always bleed over and then you kind of get burned out. Thankfully, I weathered the storm and have a system in place now. 

I've said I'll get started on a new job somewhere towards the end of this year but that's really all dependent on how I feel once I get there so I am not rushing into anything. I find that making a definitive plan around things you want to achieve only when the tangible goals are short-term. E.g. want to learn an instrument or want to get some work done. But if its things that are more long-term like health, time management, work-life balance having a plan really just doesn't work for me and I'd rather do it in phases and adjust as required.

Back biters and snitches in the office can really drain you. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The biggest thing that I've got on my plate for this year is this fucking wedding coming up. It's a real pain in the arse tbh and I can't figure out why it's so fucking expensive to get married but apparently that's just how it is. Other than that I've been on the hunt for a new job, but I'm not going to leave my current position that I'm pretty happy in unless I get the right sort of offer (the right money, right position, right part of the Bay Area because fuck the abysmal commutes there) and so far that hasn't come about yet after a fuckton of interviews this year.

So it's sort of going as planned, sort of not.

All that little extras for the wedding add up more then you think.

Archived