• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 08: France

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned

France up next, talking of France remember last season when they tested the thinner tread tires here? They used them for 2 races last season, and in both races Merc blitz everyone. This season the tires are thinner tread as far as I know, could this be part of the race Merc are smashing it?

• Subscriber

Hate French GP; all those colourful stripe runoffs give me headaches. Straight line speed is going to be the key given the long straights so I could see a Ferrari on pole here. Still going for Mercedes race win though. 

Come on Max, come on Kimi.

• Subscriber
On 17/06/2019 at 11:25, nudge said:

Hate French GP; all those colourful stripe runoffs give me headaches. Straight line speed is going to be the key given the long straights so I could see a Ferrari on pole here. Still going for Mercedes race win though. 

Come on Max, come on Kimi.

Yeah really didn't enjoy the mental runoff areas last year and I generally don't enjoy new tracks that much where I don't know them too well.

This race looks like an ordinary track with the usual mix of straights and slow or fast corners, which has Mercedes being on pole by 0.5s and cruising to a 1-2 written all over it.

I could tolerate the one team dominance more if there were actually interesting battles elsewhere in the field but Ferrari and Red Bull in the top six is also predictable as well as the rest bar Williams being a free for all. This major rule change can't come soon enough.

38 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah really didn't enjoy the mental runoff areas last year and I generally don't enjoy new tracks that much where I don't know them too well.

This race looks like an ordinary track with the usual mix of straights and slow or fast corners, which has Mercedes being on pole by 0.5s and cruising to a 1-2 written all over it.

I could tolerate the one team dominance more if there were actually interesting battles elsewhere in the field but Ferrari and Red Bull in the top six is also predictable as well as the rest bar Williams being a free for all. This major rule change can't come soon enough.

You never know buddy, plenty of long straights for Ferrari as Nudge said. Also the new powerful RB Spec 3 unit, may surprise us, but not counting on it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

If anyone has 5 minutes, click on this link. Go to the bottom to the comments section, choose oldest comments first. Is going off, arguement regarding Renault, RB, Mclaren and Honda.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-confirm-more-powerful-spec-3-pu-for-france/

I mostly stay away from reading the comments sections these days; that link is a good example why haha.

Renault vs Red Bull could get very interesting if Renault keeps on improving with their upgrades.  They are apparently bringing a huge new aero-package for their home race; new front wing, nose, underbody, new cooling system for a tighter engine packaging. According to their wind tunnel test data, it should make their car 0.5 s faster.

54 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mostly stay away from reading the comments sections these days; that link is a good example why haha.

Renault vs Red Bull could get very interesting if Renault keeps on improving with their upgrades.  They are apparently bringing a huge new aero-package for their home race; new front wing, nose, underbody, new cooling system for a tighter engine packaging. According to their wind tunnel test data, it should make their car 0.5 s faster.

For some reason I found it entertaining. 

• Subscriber

Max the only driver within 1s of both Mercedes in FP2 so far. Norris with phenomenal drive on hards - faster than Gasly and both Ferraris on mediums :ph34r:

Grosjean with technical problems again. First hydraulics leak in FP1; now back to the pits again with some issues.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Latifi coming in for Russell and going faster than Kubica in FP1 as well. I wonder if the car's to blame again :whistling:

Was saying this last season on other forums, to the people who had this fairy tale romance return loving for Kubica.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived