The better place to talk football.

Turkey Unhappy With Icelandic Airport Treatment of National Team

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

One person used a toilet brush as a make shift mic during the teams on arrival interview .

That was just funny when I saw the picture of it xD 

• The title was changed to Turkey Not Happy With Icelandic Airport Treatment of National Team

I hate Manchester airport. The guy who searched me last time pretty much touched my balls. They search you so extensively that you feel as though you're entering a prison. Pretty much all airports are strict in this day and age, but Manchester just take the piss. I'm guessing it'll be the same at any airport in the country these days though.

A huge contrast to Amsterdam(which is when you are more likely to actually be carrying something illegal), they just let you go through and don't even care about you putting liquids in a plastic bag or anything.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Think that's mismanagement by the airport authorities 

How? They're not exactly going to confiscate a toilet brush are they?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Don't they only allow media related people near the team ?

Even if that was the case, it could have been a reporter with a toilet brush?

To be honest, I don't even get the significance of using one there, just found it amusing when I saw the picture xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Even if that was the case, it could have been a reporter with a toilet brush?

To be honest, I don't even get the significance of using one there, just found it amusing when I saw the picture xD 

Well that's a weird thing to do especially with celebrities/footballers.

Imagine someone doing that with Ronaldo or Messi who have a very cuntish side to them

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Well that's a weird thing to do especially with celebrities/footballers.

Imagine someone doing that with Ronaldo or Messi who have a very cuntish side to them

It's weird. Correct.

But so what?

Why are Turkey so offended by it? 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Boo fucking hoo, it happens to regular schmucks all the time.

And the delay was their fucking fault for not removing their baggage after their security check. And they've got the Turkish government issuing a formal complaint to Iceland over this xD, meanwhile if you go on social media and take a look at anything related to Iceland (including Iceland... the shop where they sell all of that frozen shite lol) you'll see a bunch of Turkish people making death threats. It's pretty mental tbh.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And the delay was their fucking fault for not removing their baggage after their security check. And they've got the Turkish government issuing a formal complaint to Iceland over this xD, meanwhile if you go on social media and take a look at anything related to Iceland (including Iceland... the shop where they sell all of that frozen shite lol) you'll see a bunch of Turkish people making death threats. It's pretty mental tbh.

Turkish internet culture is quite literally insane. I've seen websites invaded by Turks like the bubonic plague.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Turkish internet culture is quite literally insane. I've seen websites invaded by Turks like the bubonic plague.

I don't know if it's just their internet culture tbh. Their nationalism generally is pretty insane, to where they've jailed Turks for saying things like "the Armenian genocide did happen" as it was "Insulting Turkishness" (which is actually fucking illegal there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_301_(Turkish_Penal_Code) - read up on the history of that, like I just did and it's pretty appalling tbh).

The fact that their government have gotten involved in this flight delay is laughable, but it highlights that it's not just the internet culture.

Anyways, apparently that Belgian lad who held that brush up has some funny images on his facebook (as well as a bunch of death threats from Turkish people):

u0tfvb2.jpg

qH10Kek.png

10 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

The rise of authoritarian nationalistic governments around the world is scary

That is true... but with Turkey that sort of extreme ethno-nationalist behavior isn't even new, it's not like Erdogan came up with the concept of "insulting Turkishness" - granted yeah, Turkey did descend into autocratic rule recently.

In fairness to some Turks, because I don't want to tar them all with the same brush, there have been notable people to speak up about the ugliness of that culture of protecting their "Turkishness" - like Orhan Pamuk. But people have been murdered over this shit (well before Erdogan was in power). It's the rationale behind things like their incessant genocide denial or the refusal to apologise for things like Erdogan's thugs beating up peaceful protestors in the United States.

And if I did want to tar all Turks with the same brush... I'd use a toilet brush.

• The title was changed to Turkey Unhappy With Icelandic Airport Treatment of National Team

Archived