• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Maguire - Manchester United Sign Leicester Defender For World-Record Fee

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

He'll be going to Manchester this summer I think. The ITK message is basically that he wants Manchester City and that Leicester are happy to sell him to them if they meet our asking price, no issues.

Manchester United will pay it, but Maguire wants Manchester City, however if they don't pay it, he will go to Manchester United.

We are also a lot more funny about him going to Manchester United and it's for two reasons - one is that with the situations of both clubs, we consider Manchester United a genuine competitor in the league this year, and the other is that by going there over Manchester City, we're taking the stance that it's for the money rather than the glory.

But basically, he's going I think.

Go and sign Nathan Ake.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.72700c5d15316c253c35e4988ff06545.png

Leicester's England defender Harry Maguire, 26 - linked with a £75m move to Manchester United - has told the Foxes he wants to leave. (Mail)

Maguire has accused Leicester of pricing him out of a move, with both Manchester United and Manchester City having £70m bids rejected. (Sun)

• Subscriber

Well shit, they must've read it. Reports all over saying we've taken eighty for him.

Great business from us if so that for me. Good, but never worth that, not to us either.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Well shit, they must've read it. Reports all over saying we've taken eighty for him.

Great business from us if so that for me. Good, but never worth that, not to us either.

Surely not. xD

Ole has barely learnt a thing. We can go on about how 'this is the market these days' and all that bollocks, but surely you can get better value for money than this. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Surely not. xD

Ole has barely learnt a thing. We can go on about how 'this is the market these days' and all that bollocks, but surely you can get better value for money than this. 

If I'm Leicester's transfer team now and I don't fully trust Soyuncu or Benkovic yet, then I'd go and buy Ake, who I think is arguably better than Maguire anyway.

Called from the start Manchester United will panic and pay something silly. I like Maguire, but he's got so many features about him that boosts his market value above his footballing ability.

He is an upgrade for Manchester United, but eighty million's worth?

Put it this way - our best centre half last year was someone they sold for about nine million.

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

If I'm Leicester's transfer team now and I don't fully trust Soyuncu or Benkovic yet, then I'd go and buy Ake, who I think is arguably better than Maguire anyway.

Called from the start Manchester United will panic and pay something silly. I like Maguire, but he's got so many features about him that boosts his market value above his footballing ability.

He is an upgrade for Manchester United, but eighty million's worth?

Put it this way - our best centre half last year was someone they sold for about nine million.

I think a good world cup boosted his value tbh because hes nowhere near a £70m CB.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think a good world cup boosted his value tbh because hes nowhere near a £70m CB.

Like I said, a few things boost his value up beyond what it's worth.

Being English. Playing in the Premier League. Having a good World Cup (bit of revisionism here by the way, saw plenty slating him in the group stages). Add in he's also quite an iconic figure with the fans, the England fans love him.

These are all things I think that add a premium, rightly or wrongly. It's why I've always said he's the one I'd probably sell because we'll get more for him than we should. Sure enough.

On 13/07/2019 at 03:07, Dan said:

He'll be going to Manchester this summer I think. The ITK message is basically that he wants Manchester City and that Leicester are happy to sell him to them if they meet our asking price, no issues.

We wont even pay half of what you want for him :D  ...only united interested in him, don't think we have ever had any real interest tbh

• Subscriber

If you want to believe a SUN report  :coffee:

Quote.thumb.png.a0e2891eafe39c4ebb9d8c95d6ed4f9f.png

Man Utd agree £80m transfer for Harry Maguire, medical scheduled for tomorrow

MANCHESTER UNITED have reportedly agreed on a deal of around £80m with Leicester City for Harry Maguire.

The Leicester defender informed the club in the past few days that he was unhappy that they could potentially price him out of a move.

That has resulted in instant action from the Foxes who now look to have granted his wishes of an exit.

The Sun claims that an agreement between the two clubs has now been reached.

MORE

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

If you want to believe a SUN report  :coffee:

Quote.thumb.png.a0e2891eafe39c4ebb9d8c95d6ed4f9f.png

Man Utd agree £80m transfer for Harry Maguire, medical scheduled for tomorrow

MANCHESTER UNITED have reportedly agreed on a deal of around £80m with Leicester City for Harry Maguire.

The Leicester defender informed the club in the past few days that he was unhappy that they could potentially price him out of a move.

That has resulted in instant action from the Foxes who now look to have granted his wishes of an exit.

The Sun claims that an agreement between the two clubs has now been reached.

MORE

The next Phil Jones?? :ph34r:  

• Subscriber

Leicester will get two equal or better centre backs with that money if they want to.

Ridiculous from Man Utd. The sad thing is they've got their fist so deep in the worldwide merchandising industry that they'll be able to keep spending £300m a year to go backwards and they won't get close to violating financial fair play even without the Champions League money.

18 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Jones is injury prone, so far Maquire isn't.  Hopefully he stays that way if he ends up at United.

United will be even more of a joke club if they buy Maguire for over double what he's worth xD  ..maybe we should sell you Laporte for 300million :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

United will be even more of a joke club if they buy Maguire for over double what he's worth xD  ..maybe we should sell you Laporte for 300million :ph34r:

£60m plus £20m in add ons they say. Of course it's too much, but I would rather they spend the money than see it go in the owners pockets.  Plus  United have the money, which is earned by the way.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

£60m plus £20m in add ons they say. Of course it's too much, but I would rather they spend the money than see it go in the owners pockets.  Plus  United have the money, which is earned by the way.

City's money is all earned, think we even make more than united now

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Leicester will get two equal or better centre backs with that money if they want to.

Ridiculous from Man Utd. The sad thing is they've got their fist so deep in the worldwide merchandising industry that they'll be able to keep spending £300m a year to go backwards and they won't get close to violating financial fair play even without the Champions League money.

In a nutshell why Financial Fair Play is an absolute disgrace and needs consigning to history.

• The title was changed to Harry Maguire - Manchester United Sign Leicester Defender For World-Record Fee

Archived