talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F - Matchday 1

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - shocking result as Chile draws Sweden 0-0. 

I'm almost worried after seeing the Dutch and Sweden struggle against an inferior opponent. 

EDIT: Sweden are in the middle of a weather delay. 

12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Did you watch? 

Nothing we could have done. Their defense was abysmal, and they GK was worse. 

No I didn’t. I mean one thing the USA could have done though is stopped giving a fuck at 6 or 7 goals. I’m assuming everything about them was abysmal at 13-0

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

No I didn’t. I mean one thing the USA could have done though is stopped giving a fuck at 6 or 7 goals. I’m assuming everything about them was abysmal at 13-0

Yeah - i have no issues with 13-0. It's the world cup, not a friendly. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s fucking cruel tbh

I watched that match and for me it did nothing positive for Womens football at all! Fair enough the USA always looked like coming out as winners from that game but sad to see Thailand getting such a beating and felt sorry for them in the end, I can't see how watching anything like that is supposed to inspire these smaller nations to want to be competing at this or any other level while results like that are a reality. Who wants to be appearing in a game where you are basically just cannon fodder for a side with much greater resources than they will ever have.. The whole thing was just 90 minutes of humiliation and I certainly didn't enjoy any of it.. 

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I watched that match and for me it did nothing positive for Womens football at all! Fair enough the USA always looked like coming out as winners from that game but sad to see Thailand getting such a beating and felt sorry for them in the end, I can't see how watching anything like that is supposed to inspire these smaller nations to want to be competing at this or any other level while results like that are a reality. Who wants to be appearing in a game where you are basically just cannon fodder for a side with much greater resources than they will ever have.. The whole thing was just 90 minutes of humiliation and I certainly didn't enjoy any of it.. 

It's not quite as bad as Australia v. American Samoa where if I were an American Samoan I'd have said "hey, can we uh never ever play football again, please?"

Archived