talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle

• Administrator

The only thing interesting about Swansea is Sigurdsson now. Nothing else exciting about them. 

Palace are relatively more entertaining even if it is Allardyce in charge. I've often criticised Zaha on here before but at least you know he has something to offer (aside from his occasional dive). He's got the ability to pluck something out of nothing. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Would love to see West Ham get dragged in so I'm disappointed with Swansea yesterday who didn't seem that arsed. 

Sunderland and Middlesbrough are gone. Preferably West Ham would follow them, or Palace just because of Sam Allardyce, I wouldn't lose sleep over Swansea going down either, Bournemouth have replaced them as the new boys on the block punching above their weight and the Swans don't really entertain anymore either so they've lost their appeal. Hopefully Hull can stay up.

Ideally I would like West Ham to go down with Boro and Sunderland but them beating Swansea was a good result for us even if it's a bit disappointing as it means they're likely going to stay up.  At the end of the day I obviously want us to stay up and I don't care at whose expense it is. 

I might be a bit deluded but I feel that if we stay up a full season under Silva could see us really push on as a club and lay the foundations to actually establish ourselves as a Premier League team. Of course that's ignoring our enlightened owners who have not deigned to even discuss Silva's future with him. 

• Subscriber

Hull are built on too flimsy foundations to ever sustain it. I expect if Silva keeps you up you will lose him (for reasons stated) and not have anyone nearly as good lined up, and as a result you will drop. Only so long you'll get away with clowns like the Allams.

It's looking like Swansea again now. They've had an absolute horror week.

13 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Personally I am bored of Swansea now. At least with Michu and Bony they had something interesting. It's been a long time since I've seen a fixture involving Swansea where I've thought that will be worth a watch.

Either way if it's 3 from the current bottom 4 then the Premier League is having good little clear out year.

I'm bored of 70% of the league really. Stoke, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Hull, Swansea, Palace, Arsenal they've all got zero ambition 

• Subscriber

Daft as it sounds but us not being included on that list makes me quite happy. That's exactly what I wanted when we went up.

*Fairy in boots edits post to add "oh and Leicester"*

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Daft as it sounds but us not being included on that list makes me quite happy. That's exactly what I wanted when we went up.

*Fairy in boots edits post to add "oh and Leicester"*

Only because you won last year, give it 12 months 

On 07/04/2017 at 3:17 PM, Bundesligafan93 said:

pAlce gas been great again under big Sam again and i dont see bottling them.now.

How crucial has the signing of Sakho been for them? Us, Lfc fans, know he is a brilliant defender, who doesn't get a lot of credit because he looks awkward, but he is a top player. And he has made their defence substantially better. 

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Hull are built on too flimsy foundations to ever sustain it. I expect if Silva keeps you up you will lose him (for reasons stated) and not have anyone nearly as good lined up, and as a result you will drop. Only so long you'll get away with clowns like the Allams.

It's looking like Swansea again now. They've had an absolute horror week.

Doesn't matter if they survive or don't, Silva will get picked up by a club with better resources. He has substantially improved his profile. I can see someone like West Ham going for him to replace Bilic. 

Silva has done an excellent job, he could easily go in the summer though. Hull have fell on their feet really appointing him - they're the type of appointments that will flop 9 times out of 10.

Swansea to go down now.

47 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

How crucial has the signing of Sakho been for them? Us, Lfc fans, know he is a brilliant defender, who doesn't get a lot of credit because he looks awkward, but he is a top player. And he has made their defence substantially better. 

He is brilliant. You can see why Liverpool wanted twenty million for him in January.

On 09/04/2017 at 11:46 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm bored of 70% of the league really. Stoke, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Hull, Swansea, Palace, Arsenal they've all got zero ambition 

Wahey, we've got ambition, apparently. I'll take it.

It's gotta be Swansea, Boro and Sunderland now. Only one with a chance of survival is Sunderland if they sack Moyes immediately and get a massive boost 'new manager boost'.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I must admit I think Watford are doing alright under the radar. Never really talked about when discussing Europe but in the same breath never really threatened by relegation.

It'll be interesting to see where you are in a few years.

the new Stoke. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

I must admit I think Watford are doing alright under the radar. Never really talked about when discussing Europe but in the same breath never really threatened by relegation.

It'll be interesting to see where you are in a few years.

Yeah, I think we'll be steady for a few years. Maybe sneak into Europe through a cup like Swansea.

Would not be surprised if Mazzari went though, watching his teams play is constantly nervewracking. He scores a goal and then sits back for the rest of the game, playing wholly unattractive football. I'd be slightly peeved, but ultimately I think it's down to who he is replaced by. People criticise us for the manager policy, but it has worked so far, so I won't doubt the Pozzo's judgement.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Got a mate on Facebook who's a season ticket holder there, everytime he puts up a status about going the game I can't fathom why.

Shaqiri and Arnautovic are a joy to watch. Shame they flank Peter Crouch or Saido Berahino every week.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mazzari said:

Shaqiri and Arnautovic are a joy to watch. Shame they flank Peter Crouch or Saido Berahino every week.

I can imagine the former is, but Arnautovic can also be one of the most frustrating players. Granted it's highlights on MOTD and a couple of matches a season against Leicester or on TV, but he seems to be very hit and miss when it comes to changing a game or doing something worthwhile. 

Just now, Stan said:

I can imagine the former is, but Arnautovic can also be one of the most frustrating players. Granted it's highlights on MOTD and a couple of matches a season against Leicester or on TV, but he seems to be very hit and miss when it comes to changing a game or doing something worthwhile. 

That's true. One game Arnuatovic is phenomenal, the next he is utter shite.

3 hours ago, Mazzari said:

Wahey, we've got ambition, apparently. I'll take it.

It's gotta be Swansea, Boro and Sunderland now. Only one with a chance of survival is Sunderland if they sack Moyes immediately and get a massive boost 'new manager boost'.

I didn't name Watford because I'd forgotten Watford existed in all honesty 

• Subscriber

Stoke aren't a good side. They're soft as shite defensively these days.

Think it's looking more and more like Swansea. Middlesbrough actually aren't out of this yet but I think it'll be too little, too late. Would be very interesting if they beat Arsenal though.

13 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I didn't name Watford because I'd forgotten Watford existed in all honesty 

To be fair, sacking our manager every year shows a weird form of ambition as the Pozzo's are never content with how we perform. I'm just glad we've finally stayed in the top flight for more than a year, we can build from there. 

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

If Clement had been in charge all season then Swansea wouldn't be in this mess.

Bradley did the damage when he was appointed but the owners should take most of the critisism for being totally inept in recent years.

Maybe, but what I was refereing to was that there was a big chub on for him when he won 5 of his first 8 games. It cant be Bradley's fault that after that they regressed to getting beat off everyone at the bottom of the league. 

Only Pardew is allowed a total wankfest when winning but not his fault when he's losing.:ph34r:

• Subscriber

58fab130e4e77_PLRelegation2.thumb.PNG.44fcafae8d771294a12567b2370ad67d.PNG

Done something very silly and got rid of a few teams, including ourselves, which is bound to be the kiss of death.

To be honest looking at that I'll be amazed if it isn't one of Hull or Swansea, and it's probably going to be Swansea. You'd have to back Hull to beat Sunderland at home, and I'd fancy them against Watford too. Two wins for Hull will mean Swansea need at least 8 points, and that's assuming Hull lose the others.

Middlesbrough blew it as predicted. Either of the bottom two staying up would be a miracle. That game in hand next week xD

Bournemouth should survive. They've got the best run-in by a mile.

Current bottom three are going for me, but tomorrow could change that. If Hull win tomorrow and Swansea don't then it could kill this thread xD

• Administrator

Middlesbrough HAVE to get points in the next 2 games to have any kind of chance. I'll be amazed if they got any points in the final 4 games. 

And it's pretty much an 8 point gap between Swansea and Bournemouth. Can't really see Swansea turning around that goal difference in their favour. 

Archived