talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things You Used to Think as a Youngster

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that when the F1 commentators said Michael Schumacher was the reigning world champion it meant that he was good at driving in the rain. I learned that I was wrong when I said to my dad that Schumacher will probably win because it was raining and he laughed at me.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I thought that when the F1 commentators said Michael Schumacher was the reigning world champion it meant that he was good at driving in the rain. I learned that I was wrong when I said to my dad that Schumacher will probably win because it was raining and he laughed at me.

To be fair you weren't wrong :D 

• Administrator

When my brother and I would watch football together, the commentator would say that a player has been 'rested'. 

What I heard was 'arrested'. Ended up thinking players missed games because they'd got nicked during the week then came back from their police time the week after xD

52 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That if you dug into the ground deep enough, you could eventually reach Australia.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I also thought this when I was a kid

Same! 

• Subscriber

I use to think when we got our first tv in the 1950s when I was a wee nipper that there was a door at the back of the tv that people walked in and out.

My mother told me that when we first got our tv when I was about 5 years old I was staring at the tv with my mouth open, I then walked and looked behind the tv and my mother asked me what was I doing and I replied "Looking for the door that them people got into this box with a glass?".

Archived