talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villa sign Wesley from Club Brugge for €25m

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked the look of Wesley. Looked a threat in attack, especially in Demolition Man and Passenger 57.

601px-57_tokarev.thumb.jpg.da08a3057cd65687a40925203c5be87c.jpg4v1ti-1555369593083_1280w.thumb.png.6202182a3aae1544ae5f3affb1123a27.png

But it was Blade where he really made his name. Smashed it.

Screen_Shot_2015-07-10_at_12_01.04_PM.0.0.png.thumb.jpg.40e939d8e62a604ead0c8c8c9a20059e.jpg

Been quiet for a little while but hopefully regains his form at the Villa.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Always liked the look of Wesley. Looked a threat in attack, especially in Demolition Man and Passenger 57.

601px-57_tokarev.thumb.jpg.da08a3057cd65687a40925203c5be87c.jpg4v1ti-1555369593083_1280w.thumb.png.6202182a3aae1544ae5f3affb1123a27.png

But it was Blade where he really made his name. Smashed it.

Screen_Shot_2015-07-10_at_12_01.04_PM.0.0.png.thumb.jpg.40e939d8e62a604ead0c8c8c9a20059e.jpg

Been quiet for a little while but hopefully regains his form at the Villa.

Convicted of tax fraud too, like Messi and Ronaldo. But unlike those two frauds, he actually served jailtime. The true #GOAT.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Convicted of tax fraud too, like Messi and Ronaldo. But unlike those two frauds, he actually served jailtime. The true #GOAT.

Too true. I wouldn't want to mark him. As I said mate, badass. Knows how to rile the opposition up.

Fans get behind that kind of player. Bastard to play against but a hero on your side.

Be interesting to see if he works well with Grealish. 

49 minutes ago, TomTsportresearcher said:

Just what we needed, hopefully he can be another Benteke! @Fairy In Boots what do you make of the Lewis Dunk rumours? 

Don’t know much about Dunk tbh, heard Phillips & Butland

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I saw that and I thought "eerr….. lad..."

and then I remember Benteke was actually good with you lot xD

Benteke was a top striker, a bad injury and going to play at Liverpool fucked him

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Benteke was a top striker, a bad injury and going to play at Liverpool fucked him

I think you said it before he signed, and I agreed with you: he was a good striker that wasn't suited at all to our system. And when he first came in, that's exactly how he looked. You could see he had quality, but he didn't have the right movement to connect with the rest of our attacking players and we didn't provide anywhere near the same kind of service he thrived on (crosses on the box for him to get on the end of).

And once Klopp came in, he hardly ever got a look in because Klopp's system requires a hell of a lot of mobility from attackers and Benteke was struggling with that already in Rodgers' dogshite system.

It's one of those rare circumstances where both clubs are worse off as a result of the transfer, and so is the player. Pretty unfortunate situation. Luckily for us, we managed to get most of our money back from Palace. Unluckily for you, you never replaced his goals and ultimately went down as a result.

But at least we can say we were right about the transfer, I suppose :what:

23 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Brighton want 30 million for him apparently, he's defiantly not worth that sort of money...I think Mings would be the better option to be honest. 

Yeah Phillips and Butland are looking likely, I think both would be good additions and hopefully Butland will bring some stability to our GK position, fingers crossed anyway! 

15 hours ago, TomTsportresearcher said:

Brighton want 30 million for him apparently, he's defiantly not worth that sort of money...I think Mings would be the better option to be honest. 

Yeah Phillips and Butland are looking likely, I think both would be good additions and hopefully Butland will bring some stability to our GK position, fingers crossed anyway! 

Think Steer is unlucky tbh

Archived