• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Access to your wages prior to payday

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It would definitely have it's pros and cons. I'd end up just putting myself in a worse position though I reckon. It would be good if you could pay money IN to it so you can save some of your current money for payday too.

• Subscriber

I was working for a guy years ago in a factory and he would let you borrow money off your wages if you needed it, we did get paid weekly then with your money in a brown pay packet envelope every Friday with your wage slip, gone are those days now, your wages go into a bank.

When I was working over the years it went from weekly, fortnightly and monthly from cash payments to wages into your bank account, I would love getting my wages on a Friday afternoon, open the brown envelope up and check the dosh and then check the wage slip and then head off to the pub for a couple of pints and get home pissed or half pissed, I do miss that, I get my  state pension every 4 weeks now and it goes straight into the bank on a Thursday.

pay-packet.jpg

If it's too easy to do I don't think it would work well...people would do it all the time and always end up needing to do it to survive. If there's some kind of procedure where you need to go and speak to your boss about it and explain that it's urgent it would be useful.

Archived