talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafa was right, Ferguson was a massive twat. The best thing that man ever did was retire and tell that pack of fannies to appoint Moyes as a replacement.

Chelsea and Rafa just don't go well together. He did well for them and won them a tournament and the shithead fans hounded him the whole way. And he's a manager that's pretty much come out against the Chelsea fans on numerous occasions. The only reason he would ever take that job is just to get some more blood money off Roman. Which is fair enough, you only live once and life is short... might as well make as much money as you can. And he wouldn't have to talk to Mike Ashley ever again. But I'm sure in his mind, he'd prefer to be at another club, Chelsea fans certainly would prefer that he's not with them, and Liverpool fans would prefer him to be with a club where he's actually appreciated.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rafa was right, Ferguson was a massive twat. The best thing that man ever did was retire and tell that pack of fannies to appoint Moyes as a replacement.

Chelsea and Rafa just don't go well together. He did well for them and won them a tournament and the shithead fans hounded him the whole way. And he's a manager that's pretty much come out against the Chelsea fans on numerous occasions. The only reason he would ever take that job is just to get some more blood money off Roman. Which is fair enough, you only live once and life is short... might as well make as much money as you can. And he wouldn't have to talk to Mike Ashley ever again. But I'm sure in his mind, he'd prefer to be at another club, Chelsea fans certainly would prefer that he's not with them, and Liverpool fans would prefer him to be with a club where he's actually appreciated.

When Klopp leaves id love Rafa back :D

• Subscriber

What a wreck of a club they really are. Huge coup to get Benitez in the first place yet have gradually worn him down and let him go for nothing.

They become an instant relegation candidate for me now.

I reckon he should've stuck it out one more campaign. But nobody can say he didn't show loyalty in the most enduring of conditions for a coach of his stature. He should be commended for his choice. I've never liked him for various reasons but few coaches like him would've taken this adventure on.

Gutted for Newcastle. I hope Benitez gets a good job for the season ahead because I'd like to see him enjoy some more success, but I would have loved to see him stay and build a Newcastle side which could be comfortable even after he left.

Such horrific management from Newcastle. If they had given Rafa one or a couple of decent windows, spending £60-80m as is now commonplace for sides much smaller than Newcastle, they could have had stability for years to come. That was the opportunity he gave them by coming. 

Instead, he's just been used to paper over the cracks for a couple more years.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

I reckon he should've stuck it out one more campaign. But nobody can say he didn't show loyalty in the most enduring of conditions for a coach of his stature. He should be commended for his choice. I've never liked him for various reasons but few coaches like him would've taken this adventure on.

Was out of contract though. He probably would've said this a year ago.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Was out of contract though. He probably would've said this a year ago.

He could've renewed for one season and gone on from there... Some of the biggest coaches have done this in recent times. But at the same time it's understandable considering everything.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Inverted said:

If they had given Rafa one a couple of decent windows, spending £60-80m as is now commonplace for sides much smaller than Newcastle, they could have had stability for years to come

That hits the nail on the head, the quicker that twat Ashley sells the club the better, Rafa was a top class manager and still is, whoever he manages next is Ashley's loss and the next clubs gain.

• The title was changed to Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

Archived