talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Harvsky said:

My sources tell me Lee Charnley despised Rafa. Whilst Guillem Balague suggests they didn't make much of an effort to keep him.

Driven out like Hughton and Nolan. A yes man will be appointed next.  

What's happening with the takeover, I'm assuming Benitez exist isn't a good sign?

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Please Jesus not this cunt again

Don't think so mate... I can see it making sense for Chelsea but not for Rafa.

Chelsea need a year or two where they don't drop too far from the pack.

Rafa walks into the only club that will spend less than Newcastle over the next two years. A battalion of loan players but no new signings.

58 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's happening with the takeover, I'm assuming Benitez exist isn't a good sign?

Looks dead. Ashley is on holiday. Last rumour was that he was being difficult. More credible journalists started going quiet, said they don't know. Club might have used it as a smokescreen to get to this point today. The club have spent money upgrading the sports direct signs.

That being said gamblers are putting money on Mourinho at his current odds just in case the takeover is about to happen. He's now favourite with skybet as a result.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Please Jesus not this cunt again

Lol I don’t think Rafa is going to go from a club where he can’t spend money but the fans love him to a club where he really cannot spend any money (cos of the ban), the fans and board are probably expecting the world from him, and the fans fucking hate him.

Honestly from a Chelsea standpoint, it makes more sense to go with someone hated as the next manager - because the next manager is being set up for brutal failure. But I don’t think it’s an appealing job right now.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly from a Chelsea standpoint, it makes more sense to go with someone hated as the next manager

Mourinho?!? :o

I'd hate to see @Cicero's face if that were to occur. Bloody hell, that would be of the utmost ridicule but obviously I'm being perverted because it would have to be impossible.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wouldn't mind Rafa if he was directly after Conte, but we need to stick with Progressive football. Lampard for me. 

I'd like to see Lampard given a go to be honest. Hes pretty likeable and a Chelsea legend which automatically makes him a popular appointment. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd like to see Lampard given a go to be honest. Hes pretty likeable and a Chelsea legend which automatically makes him a popular appointment. 

STOP!!!

Hold on a minute... Have you all of a suddent forgotten how Chelsea FC under the ownership of Roman Abramović has finctioned forever?

Would you as a club legend risk the inevitability of being sacked and possibly ridiculed if results don't go well?

Football doesn't work under any provisos and you know this. There is absolutely no guarantee that it will go well no matter who he is or what his track record is. Just look at the names that have gone in and out of that door at Stamford Bridge. Could we agree that there are very few big names that haven't tested everything since the Russian bought the club.

I get all the romance ans nostalgia involved in the appointment even if he hasn't proved anything compared to those appointed before. But then again past track records in terms of returning playing legends to coach isn't that important in the manority of cases, but few have taken it on under similar circumstances. 

54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

STOP!!!

Hold on a minute... Have you all of a suddent forgotten how Chelsea FC under the ownership of Roman Abramović has finctioned forever?

Would you as a club legend risk the inevitability of being sacked and possibly ridiculed if results don't go well?

Football doesn't work under any provisos and you know this. There is absolutely no guarantee that it will go well no matter who he is or what his track record is. Just look at the names that have gone in and out of that door at Stamford Bridge. Could we agree that there are very few big names that haven't tested everything since the Russian bought the club.

I get all the romance ans nostalgia involved in the appointment even if he hasn't proved anything compared to those appointed before. But then again past track records in terms of returning playing legends to coach isn't that important in the manority of cases, but few have taken it on under similar circumstances. 

You've got me wrong mate.

What I meant was it would be nice to see a club legend faul miserably before getting sacked and ending up at Tranmere Rovers :D

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You've got me wrong mate.

What I meant was it would be nice to see a club legend faul miserably before getting sacked and ending up at Tranmere Rovers :D

Haha Didn't feel you were trolling.

But from a serious debate pov, if I were a Chelsea fan I wouldn't want Lampard right at this minute.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Haha Didn't feel you were trolling.

But from a serious debate pov, if I were a Chelsea fan I wouldn't want Lampard right at this minute.

Curious. Who would you want if you were a chelsea fan? 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Curious. Who would you want if you were a chelsea fan? 

I have no idea. I'm as confused with your club setup as I am with Arsenal's which is even weirder because you do continue to win trophies. But it's the sensations and I KNOW you know where I'm coming from with that. How many bullets can be spent?

• The title was changed to Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

Archived