talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea. I'm as confused with your club setup as I am with Arsenal's which is even weirder because you do continue to win trophies. But it's the sensations and I KNOW you know where I'm coming from with that. How many bullets can be spent?

Under normal circumstances, Lampard shouldn't be an option. However, he has all the makings of a top manager, and the club has obviously seen him as a long term option at some point. So that rules the likes of Jardim or Ten Hag out. 

Assuming the impossible hypothetical that a transfer ban didn't matter, do we go with a pragmatic manager in Benitez or Allegri and take another step backwards? Or do we appoint Lampard, who's football is similar to Sarri's and the fact he understands the club?

Easy choice for me. But Lampard is an intelligent man, he should know more than anyone what he's getting himself into. No doubt he will want reassurances. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

So Rafa was supposed to have talks this week, Ashley pulled the plug and the statement was announced without telling Rafa.

Wait. What? And they expect someone with any credibility to now come over with that being the way a manager was sent out? Oh my lord. That's a sure way to get football cancer if you go manage there.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

What a wreck of a club they really are. Huge coup to get Benitez in the first place yet have gradually worn him down and let him go for nothing.

They become an instant relegation candidate for me now.

As good as down 

5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

My sources tell me Lee Charnley despised Rafa. Whilst Guillem Balague suggests they didn't make much of an effort to keep him.

Driven out like Hughton and Nolan. A yes man will be appointed next. 

Pardew? 

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Sky reporting Avram Grant is being considered for a role.

Teamtalk reported some bloke who managed Colorado Rapids with a 17% win ratio will be interviewed over Skype.

:4_joy: what a fucking collapse in 8 hours

Skype 🤣 I feel for you I really do. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Wait. What? And they expect someone with any credibility to now come over with that being the way a manager was sent out? Oh my lord. That's a sure way to get football cancer if you go manage there.

This isn't the first time. They never told Shearer he wasn't getting the job or Gutierrez that his contract won't be renewed. 

I also think this fuck ya then approach to negotiation is why multiple attempts to buy the club have failed. It's Ashley's terms or nothing.

As for this below, who do you think is leaking lies? A club who were found by a court of law to have repeatedly lied to the fans or their hero who doesn't actually need to lie.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

This isn't the first time. They never told Shearer he wasn't getting the job or Gutierrez that his contract won't be renewed. 

I also think this fuck ya then approach to negotiation is why multiple attempts to buy the club have failed. It's Ashley's terms or nothing.

As for this below, who do you think is leaking lies? A club who were found by a court of law to have repeatedly lied to the fans or their hero who doesn't actually need to lie.

At that rate you're never going to sell because no one is going to want to negotiate with him since its not a negotiation anymore its more of a dictating of terms and I feel for the fans who want this to be resolved so everyone can finally move on from the shit-show hes had you'll running as for a while now. I highly doubt a manager who has come out publicly saying he wanted to be there and build something did a U-Turn and then refused to talk to the club afterwards. Its unbelievable the amount of BS they think the fans will lap up and believe. 

Even if this is all resolved, somehow, I doubt he would ever want to go back there again.

I think it's obvious Ashley wants to do the bare minimum to keep Newcastle Utd in the Premier League. The amount of investment required to become a serial contender for Europe in itself and then even the next step up which is the Champions League is something he's obviously not interested in for whatever reason. Maybe the funds required can't be reached and over stretching isn't something he's prepared to do. Owners get a hell of a lot from just owning a Premier League club that has nothing to do with direct financial gain from the club itself.

Benítez has more than probably been pushing those in the boardroom because he has a history of this anyway... One only has to look at his past in Spain especially with Valencia where he caused them no end of grief asking for commitment and when it didn't work in the privacy of the Mestalla halls, he went public so as to let the fans know in press conferences by using journalists and the media.

The business model is stifling. I think it's all about low risk in the event of relegation. We have a wage bill only above Burnley's out of the clubs to survive.

The club itself generates the income and access to capital markets to become top half with Europa League ventures now and then. At least with someone like Rafa at the helm. 

As Rafa said a few months ago you can have all the transfer kitty you want but if you aren't going to pay the wages you're not going to get the players.

We'll now go and give £50m to another Steve McClaren.

Daily Mail reporting a heated email exchange between Rafa and Mike Ashley was the last communication. Rafa was not aware Ashley was going to do this and he is angry, upset and disappointed.

Psychopath Ashley has flipped. It's the way he does business.

• Subscriber

I don't think the fan protesting will do much. If the players do it though, that is a whole different kettle of fish. If you're a player with any kind of chance for a move out I'd imagine you're not even thinking twice anymore. 

9 hours ago, Harvsky said:

So Rafa was supposed to have talks this week, Ashley pulled the plug and the statement was announced without telling Rafa.

Gary Megson's Black and White army!!!!

Could Ashley go out in public in town without bodyguards? He'd surely the most hated man in the city....

I hope Rafa takes a long break, before choosing his next destination. 

On a side note, he should have taken the West Ham job instead. He wouldn't have got better fans than the Geordies in London, but there would have been stability and better owners. It would have allowed him to develop the club. Their academy is also decent. 

• Subscriber

1884182916_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.48e4738ac2bb26bcf4145429c38c68c3.png

Rafael Benitez: Newcastle did not share my vision, says the former manager

Former Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez says the club "did not share his vision" as he outlined for the first time his reasons for leaving.

The Spaniard, whose contract expired on Sunday, said he felt like he "belonged" at the club and wanted to stay.

But Benitez, 59, indicated he wanted a longer-term deal, rather than just a contract extension.

"It became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the club did not share the same vision," he said.

The Magpies finished 13th in the Premier League in May as Benitez, who took over in March 2016, secured the club's top-flight status.

"I wanted to stay, but I didn't just want to sign an extended contract, I wanted to be part of a project," said Benitez in a letter to fans.

"I'm very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I'm very proud about what we achieved together."

Newcastle appointed Benitez as successor to Steve McClaren with 10 games of the 2015-16 campaign remaining, as the club were placed one point from a position of Premier League safety.

The former Valencia, Liverpool and Real Madrid boss could not prevent the club from being relegated but they won the 2016-17 Championship title to secure an immediate return.

There was speculation about Benitez's future prior to the club announcing his departure, as he received a £12m-a-year offer to take over as manager at Chinese Super League club Dalian Yifang.

His coaching staff of Paco de Míguel Moreno, Antonio Gomez Perez and Mikel Antia have also left.

Manchester City assistant Mikel Arteta is the current bookmakers' favourite to take over at Newcastle, with Garry Monk, David Moyes and Roberto Martinez among others linked with the job.

_107653297_benitez.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48822798

• Subscriber
On 25/06/2019 at 17:59, IgnisExcubitor said:

I hope Rafa takes a long break, before choosing his next destination. 

On a side note, he should have taken the West Ham job instead. He wouldn't have got better fans than the Geordies in London, but there would have been stability and better owners. It would have allowed him to develop the club. Their academy is also decent. 

It's an astoundingly bad situation at Newcastle if West Ham is now deemed the stable alternative xD

But last year was actually quite moderate by their standards.

12 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I'm tired. What is going on? Season starts in 5 weeks.

🥺

That is so fucked. 

I'd like to see all his business boycotted and no attendance at games until he sells.

On 02/07/2019 at 11:01, RandoEFC said:

Hard to see where Newcastle go from here. Hopefully they survive long enough in the Premier League for Ashley to sell up and stop strangling them again.

I don't think it's that hard to see where Newcastle go from here.

To the Championship because they're the one club in the premier league that seems intent on being less competitive than they were in the previous season. It's a shame for their fans, who don't deserve this... but I can't see Newcastle staying up while being run like this.

• The title was changed to Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

Archived