talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Greatest Liverpool Striker Of All Time

LIVERPOOL'S GREATEST STRIKERS  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who for you was the greatest Liverpool striker of them all and why?

• John Aldridge
    • Kenny Dalglish
    • David Fairclough
    • Robbie Fowler
    • Gordon Hodgson
    • Roger Hunt
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Michael Owen
    • Michael Robinson
    • Ian Rush
    • Luis Suárez
    • Fernando Torres
    • John Toshack

GettyImages-451536581-1024x707.jpg

Liverpool Football Club won their 6th European Cup (Champions League) this season and it's no mistake in saying they're one of the greatest football clubs in the history of the game.

They've had some incredible players in every position throughout their history but overall where they've made their mark has been up front with some iconic names.

The stats are there for all of them and some may be left out in this poll and hopefully a debate.

I only hope that people don't resort to "I'll only comment on what I've seen" because that's not a football fan in my opinion. You HAVE to know your history and you HAVE to have learned what was aside from what's been seen.

I leave you those names and let's have a great debate...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute fox in the box = Ian Rush

Most natural finisher = Robbie Fowler

Biggest menace = Suarez

Best all round player = Dalglish 

Big shout out to Torres, Keegan and Aldridge who were all fantastic players for us in their own right. 

• Subscriber

Rush by a bloody mile, they didn't call him 'The Ghost' for nothing, he had the speed and would just ghost in from nowhere, a supreme Welsh Wizard, a bloody shame Wales never was in a World Cup when he was around...sigh  :x

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fowler in his absolute prime I think remains the best I've seen in my life. What a fucking player.

Yeah Fowler was my first proper football hero, bigger legend than Suarez but on ability I think Suarez is the best I've seen. I don't remember Fowler's first couple of years properly though.

25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah Fowler was my first proper football hero, bigger legend than Suarez but on ability I think Suarez is the best I've seen. I don't remember Fowler's first couple of years properly though.

Remember this? ...

2 hours ago, Spike said:

If I can’t comment on what I have seen in my life, I’ll just pick Ian Rush because he has the biggest number next to his name.

You can also comment on what you've seen mate.

Kenny. But I'm taking it as first name I'd pick from your list rather than being all which one was more of an out and out.

Part of being greatest all time for me is also having a longstanding relationship with the club into your post playing career and being a figurehead and something players rally around into the future.

Plenty of players tick that box but as great as he was Suarez could never hold that label realistically. Liverpool will only ever be a nice memory for Suarez, never a way of life.

• Subscriber

Owen for me, for club he shat on everyone in the league, all the top clubs. He was also the main main when they won them 5 trophies in 2 years, he was also very good in Europe. For me the reason he stands out when compared to the others on the list, he was much better for his country, he did it at international level, he scared the shit out of the giants at international football. Was brilliant at World Cups and Euros. At international level he has scored and performed against Germany, Argentina, Brazil and other top international countries. Is a real shame about his injuries, if he didn't have a dodgy hammy, he would have smashed Charltons record at the time way before he was 30.

WAs his style a factor in his injuries? His acceleration and sudden quick darts from a standing position.

23 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Absolute fox in the box = Ian Rush

Most natural finisher = Robbie Fowler

Biggest menace = Suarez

Best all round player = Dalglish 

Big shout out to Torres, Keegan and Aldridge who were all fantastic players for us in their own right. 

I remember that thing the other month on tele where Harry Redknapp was managing a bunch of ex-England players and Robbie Fowler showed that even now he has that natural finishing ability. It has never gone away.

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I remember that thing the other month on tele where Harry Redknapp was managing a bunch of ex-England players and Robbie Fowler showed that even now he has that natural finishing ability. It has never gone away.

Yeah he was quality mate, one of my favourite players ever. 

I think it's time for my say...

I voted for Ian Rush simply because during that period Liverpool were probably the best team on the planet and when you played them you were only watching what Rush was doing. I remember the countless occasions being at Highbury and those around me not even looking at what was going on and just watching where Rushy would be because you were just so scared he'd ghost in without the defence noticing.

I've witnessed almost every single one of those players and by far the best footballer of them all was Dalglish... Today indeed he wouldn't be seen as a striker and more an attacking midfielder due to the fact there was so much to his game that could finish you off either with goals or by playing in his partner in crime.

Robbie Folwer and Owen in the more modern game were serious threats although I have to say Owen was the more complete man up front in that sense and his move to Real Madrid although a train he couldn't let pass, was a mistake.  He should've been one of the greatest ever and not a bench warmer.

As for Toshack, Robinson, Torres and Keegan... They had concentrated special moments that had the world of football sitting up. Keegan went onto make Hamburg kings of Europe which tells you something.

Archived