talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Greatest Liverpool Striker Of All Time

LIVERPOOL'S GREATEST STRIKERS  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who for you was the greatest Liverpool striker of them all and why?

• John Aldridge
    • Kenny Dalglish
    • David Fairclough
    • Robbie Fowler
    • Gordon Hodgson
    • Roger Hunt
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Michael Owen
    • Michael Robinson
    • Ian Rush
    • Luis Suárez
    • Fernando Torres
    • John Toshack

My Dad always told me Ian Rush was our greatest striker so i voted for Rush. If we're basing it on strikers i have actually witnessed in my lifetime i would go with Torres, he was unstoppable for 3 years straight as soon as he arrived until the moment he left really.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Genuinely feared prime Torres more than Suarez. Heart stopped every single time bloke had the ball in our box. 

Very true..... but a prime Michael Owen beats both of those, in my opinion. If he wasn't so hated by all he would have more votes.

44 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Very true..... but a prime Michael Owen beats both of those, in my opinion. If he wasn't so hated by all he would have more votes.

He was quality no doubt. The thing that got Pool fans back up was how he run down his contract which meant we received a really low fee from Madrid for a player of his quality. 

Then, after Newcastle, he went to Manchester Utd, which totally ruined any hope of him having any kind of relationship with the Liverpool fans.

Basically hes a cunt. 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Michael Owen is criminally underrated by the annals of history. He's the best talent England have produced since... I don't know when. The standard line about promising young players is that they're "the best talent since Gascoigne", but Owen was fucking lightyears ahead of Gascoigne and we never saw him at anything approaching the peak of his potential. He turned 23 in his best goalscoring season. He was 22 when he won the fucking Balon D'or and even then he was struggling with injuries.

He shouldn't have gone to Real Madrid. Even without their politics, he was never going to start ahead of Raul and Ronaldo, and they sure as hell weren't going to roll out the red carpet for every return from injury like we did. By the time he made the move back to England, he was broken. It's a massive, massive shame what happened to his career.

Cunt though. Showboats against and mocks at 13 year old kid.

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That seems to happen quite a lot to be honest...

In Spain with Real Madrid I can think of three high profile players that were and are Atlético Madrid fans...

• Raúl
  • Míchel
  • Morata

Isco is a renowned Barça fan.

Chelsea had Ashley Cole who was an Arsenal fanatic (I wonder if that sentiment still exists on his part) and Arsenal had in the past two Manchester United fans as longterm servants of the club in the shape of Frank Stapleton and David O'Leary.

It's probably more common for a player to play for his boyhood club's rivals than it is for him to make a career decision based on who he supported as a kid. Once you're behind the professional football curtain, you lose the 'us and them' of the fans' world and all clubs become little more than potential employers

50 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He was quality no doubt. The thing that got Pool fans back up was how he run down his contract which meant we received a really low fee from Madrid for a player of his quality. 

Then, after Newcastle, he went to Manchester Utd, which totally ruined any hope of him having any kind of relationship with the Liverpool fans.

Basically hes a cunt. 

Dont forget we got Antonio Nunez as part of the deal :ph34r:

Went with Rush for his sheer consistency and goals. I didn't watch him LIVE, but from what I have read and seen in the archive footage he was ruthless. 

Kenny was by far our best player, but more creative than a ruthless goal machine. 

From the ones I have seen LIVE, Suarez was the most talented. He had everything. Pace, finishing, physicality and the sheer determination to win at all costs. But he was a cunt.

Fowler was the best finisher I have seen. He is good even now, if you see the legends matches. And a proper Red. 

I loved watching Torres. He didn't run, but glided on the pitch. He was the smoothest player I have seen. Like a posh car zooming on a race track. I wish he had a better ending at the club. 

I hate Owen now for joining United, but  he was special. He had this burst of pace that really scared the defenders. Unlike Suarez he would rarely have a good ninety minutes or even good forty-fifty minutes. He would be invisible through most of the match, waiting near the last defender. But one chance and boom. The perfect example of that was the match against Chelsea under Houllier. We were battered for ninety minutes. Owen was having a piss poor match, unlike Heskey who was winning balls and possession and having  a good game. In the dying minutes on a set piece Owen scored a goal and stole the credits. 

I have to mention Sturiddge. Part of the 13-14 side that was a fun ride. He had the best strike rate for long periods of time, and that is an achievement in itself. He definitely would have achieved a lot more if his body didn't breakdown that often. 

Archived