• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Life Hacks

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yes, now I have retired from work my bills get paid every 4 weeks off my State Pension (not a calendar month) done this for 5 years now and on a Thursday morning I will isolate myself in the back room and go around via the internet (via telephone banking) and pay the bills, some bills I do begrudge paying like council tax and the bloody tv licence but I pay them all and sit and relax knowing we (wife) are not in debt.  

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

You guys need to pay for owning a tv?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Archaic law from when TV's were for the rich only. You didn't know this?

TV Licences should be abolished and I have always said that the BBC advertise anyway in a sneaky way, not like ITV, you look at all the sport matches they show on the BBC you will see advertisements in full view on billboards and on fences around the ground, shows like Open all Hours about Arkwrights shop with all the goods in full view and a lot of other shows on the BBC that show the insides of a shop with all the brandmarks in full view. 

The BBC should just advertise like ITV and let them pay the price of advertising their goods, don't tell me there isn't a few back-handers money wise with a director or producer will say to a company "Give me a few quid under the table and I will make sure your goods are in full view for the viewing public". :coffee: 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Archaic law from when TV's were for the rich only. You didn't know this?

I knew they used to and had to when I visited a while back but surprised it’s still around in 2019. You’re meant to in Japan too but I never did. 

20 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I knew they used to and had to when I visited a while back but surprised it’s still around in 2019. You’re meant to in Japan too but I never did. 

It raises revenue mate. Nobody rushes to change those kind of laws

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I keep one of those plastic tub things in the back of my car so the groceries don't spill all over the place. Is that a life hack? Seems like a life hack.

I keep a box in the boot for body parts when I go shopping. Saves it rolling around all over the place with my kind of driving. Definitely a life hack.

• Subscriber

Recent life hacks? Hmmmm

Get a managers job at work so you can tell your missus you have more important meetings than you actually do and get extra trips to the pub after work.

I had about 3 last week. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Recent life hacks? Hmmmm

Get a managers job at work so you can tell your missus you have more important meetings than you actually do and get extra trips to the pub after work.

I had about 3 last week. :ph34r:

Got a hack for that ?

I would always use my hands to open a jar (salsa, pasta sauce etc), but I had an injured hand once and the gf told me to just use a sharp knife to quickly jab a hole in the top of the lid, and therefore it’s easy opening. Changed my life. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I would always use my hands to open a jar (salsa, pasta sauce etc), but I had an injured hand once and the gf told me to just use a sharp knife to quickly jab a hole in the top of the lid, and therefore it’s easy opening. Changed my life. 

If I can't open a jar I just use a bottle opener to slightly lift one side of the lid to let some air out and break the vacuum seal. Done.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How do I drink and eat a lot without gaining weight?

Eat a box of laxatives after a session of the latter and I guarantee you will lose what you ate and drank at the other end in no time.  xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d08b91e2e73706732

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Eat a box of laxatives after a session of the latter and I guarantee you will lose what you ate and drank at the other end in no time.  xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d08b91e2e73706732

Hmm not bad. Gotta get me one of those Japanese heated toilet seats first though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Hmm not bad. Gotta get me one of those Japanese heated toilet seats first though. 

When I was in the hospital in 2017 after my lung op I was constipated so I told the nurse, she gave me some laxatives and said take them, they will make you move, last time I will ever take them bastards again, I was scared if I tried to fart I would shite myself, they were fucking lethal and I made sure I never wandered out of the ward for a walk or some fresh air and I made sure I was right near a ward toilet.  :eek:

18 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Got a hack for that ?

Yea, work hard.. 

Nothing great was ever achieved without dedication,passion and enthusiasm... or you could just go the easy way and suck up to senior management at every given opportunity in every job you do all the while dobbing your workmates in for any wrong doing.. that way you will at least give the impression you are a 'company' man and worth promoting... 

Archived