talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Workplace Humour

football forum

On 16/06/2019 at 20:59, nudge said:

It sounds like he needs to grow a pair...

The last office I worked at we had a big team of around 30-40 people and we used to take the piss out of each other all the time; not to mention silly practical jokes. Sure it's important not to take it too far though and there's a difference between lighthearted fun and being plain mean.

Did the team wear flip flops in the summer?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a lad join our team from another department and it’s a real great role for someone of his age (mid 20’s) I joked he’d been sticking it to the HR lady to get promoted so soon. I saved him in my phone as “her name’s tampon” I had a senior manager in my car and he rang me and it flashed up on the display. 

I had to pull over and change it there and then. 🤣

I remember one time I walked away from my keyboard one Friday morning without locking my workstation.

A very well written email was sent out from my account saying

"i assume word has already got around to most of you over the past few weeks, but for those that were'nt aware today is my last day with the company. After a long period of reflection over the last few months and a re-evaluation of my goals and priorities I've decided to leave the engineering profession in order to pursue my lifelong dream of being a professional go kart driver..... " It went on to finish in equally convincing fashion asking people to join me for drinks at the bar downstairs after work.

I had no idea it got sent and was getting congratulated and commended for my bravery from at least two people before I teased out what had gone on.

Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 20:59, nudge said:

It sounds like he needs to grow a pair...

The last office I worked at we had a big team of around 30-40 people and we used to take the piss out of each other all the time; not to mention silly practical jokes. Sure it's important not to take it too far though and there's a difference between lighthearted fun and being plain mean.

Do you speak German in work?

• 3 years later...

Archived